Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any St Owners Experience This? (Others Input Welcomed)

MonsterST

Did you tell your insurance that it was a Cat C. (it will be on there database) If you havn't and you make a claim they could use this as a reason not to pay out.

Yeah I gave them the reg number and said it was cat C.

I actually had the same symptoms on a Meriva, turns out the left caliper was sticking which caused it to pull to the left slightly but was also warping the disc at the same time which making it shake, shudder and make noises.

I actually had the same symptoms on a Meriva, turns out the left caliper was sticking which caused it to pull to the left slightly but was also warping the disc at the same time which making it shake, shudder and make noises.

How did you fix it, how much did it cost mate?

How did you fix it, how much did it cost mate?

I found out the slightly more expensive way and went through 2 sets of pads and discs before I traced it to the caliper. Basically it's either replace the caliper or strip it down and rebuild it, costs will vary depending if you do the work yourself.

The ST has a hard, some would say harsh ride (depends what you are used to) it bumps and is hoisy over pot holes, the steering is direct, but it can follow the camber (normally pulls to the left when driving on the left) can "white line" and "torque steer" as the tyres wear this can change (get worse or better)

Apart from the tyre wear affecting these things, tyre pressure and the make of the tyres can affect all these things

So in a nutshell, its a "go kart" not a "limo" it needs to be driven like one, if you are "pottering" about in it or "crouising" (not "drving" the car if you know what i mean)- you would have ben better with a slower, more comfortable car with a softer, quieter ride

As for the discs, it may be more cost-effective to simply replace them (and the pads at the same time) because by the time you skim them they will probably need replaced (there is a minimum thickness)

As others have said, using the car will wipe the rust uff the disks and can "free up" the brakes

The ST has a hard, some would say harsh ride (depends what you are used to) it bumps and is hoisy over pot holes, the steering is direct, but it can follow the camber (normally pulls to the left when driving on the left) can "white line" and "torque steer" as the tyres wear this can change (get worse or better)

Apart from the tyre wear affecting these things, tyre pressure and the make of the tyres can affect all these things

So in a nutshell, its a "go kart" not a "limo" it needs to be driven like one, if you are "pottering" about in it or "crouising" (not "drving" the car if you know what i mean)- you would have ben better with a slower, more comfortable car with a softer, quieter ride

As for the discs, it may be more cost-effective to simply replace them (and the pads at the same time) because by the time you skim them they will probably need replaced (there is a minimum thickness)

As others have said, using the car will wipe the rust uff the disks and can "free up" the brakes

Thanks for the post buddy!

I'm happy with the ST being a "go kart". It's just as it's only my second car ever, I'm still learning as to how it's supposed to feel. I just worry about things being wrong!

Once I get some spare cash, I may get the whole lot done, discs and pads. Don't suppose you got an estimates of a price? I'll most likely end up going to a garage so I guess it varies!

Going to make sure the tyres are at the correct psi tonight and going to give it a !Removed! good wash and polish come Monday!