Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frozen Condensation Inside Front Windscreen

eyemdee

Anyone else have this problem with their Mk7 Fez? Every car I have had in the last 10 years has been reversed into the drive and parked in the same position, but this is the first to regularly have condensation and/or ice on the inside of the front windscreen on cold mornings.

This morning was really bad and although the quickclear screen did its job quickly, the condensation left was dripping like rain on to the top of the dash as the screen was soaking wet on the inside. It is almost as though the screen is porous!

There is no evidence of leaks anywhere and it doesn't feel damp but it is just the condensation, only on the front windscreen, which is very irritating if anyone can throw any light on it.

mmmm thats a weird one sure mo leaks anywhere u checked the boot as well ???

I get this occasionally. I think it is partly down to the angle of the windscreen. I had the same issue the my Grande Puntos.

My solution has been to park the car the other way round so the sun hits the windscreen in the morning rather than the back of the car.

Might be worth getting a passive dehumidifier or something.

I have one in my car, its like a small cushion, said to last about 3-4 months then you just dry out on a heater.

Definetly seems to have reduced how much condensation you get, even if you don't get rid of it completely

Thanks for the input boys and girls. Definitely no sign of a leak anywhere and it is parked facing South East so the windscreen gets the early morning sun now. I am thinking that it is just something to do with the design of the car and I am now playing around with setting the climate control to recirculation at night to cut off the outside vents.

Alex, the dehumidifier is a great idea - the little bag of silca gel I have in there is about as much use as a bathroom tap in a tidal wave! I will look around for one.

It's a good idea to use the air-con in the winter to remove any humidity in the car. Do check the mats in the car for any dampness.

Thanks for the input boys and girls. Definitely no sign of a leak anywhere and it is parked facing South East so the windscreen gets the early morning sun now. I am thinking that it is just something to do with the design of the car and I am now playing around with setting the climate control to recirculation at night to cut off the outside vents.

Alex, the dehumidifier is a great idea - the little bag of silca gel I have in there is about as much use as a bathroom tap in a tidal wave! I will look around for one.

This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000XUPEJY/

No condensation on mine but had a Seat Leon with serious condensation problems. Used one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERIOR-DEHUMIDIFIER-/380535482393?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item5899aea819

Although never cleared the problem completely was a big help

Use your air in regularly during winter removes the moisture from the car I had it last year and running air con for a few journeys to work every week or so sorted it

Use your air in regularly during winter removes the moisture from the car I had it last year and running air con for a few journeys to work every week or so sorted it

Could be part of the problem that my journey to work is just 1.7 miles! I do give it a decent run periodically so perhaps a little more use of the aircon will help.

Even on a short trip just run it with air con on for a week traveling to work will help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club