Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Focus - New Buyer What Should I Look Out For?

mcguireuk

Hi all I'm buying a 2010 focus 1.8 zetec petrol next week and wanted to know if you guys had any input.

What should I look out for? Is there any common faults etc.

From what I've seen it looks in good condition and has 26k on the clock and was registered in march 10 so I think its standing quite good in that area but my last ford was an 02 Focus 1.6 zetec and I had no problems in the 4 years I've had it.

Any info appreciated

Thanks,

Shaun

Its all down to who had it really first and foremost is leaks get the boot open and thoroughly check take the spare wheel out and feel in there any moisture indicates its been leaking also passenger and driver footwell dont be afraid to lift the caroet up and feel under the thick wad of insulation for water check all electrics work and aircon blows cold and check for rattles on start up from cold and make sure it has 2 keys if not haggle a spare key out of them

I've got a 2009 1.8 petrol titanium focus, I've had it for a year and it now has 17k on the clock; no problems at all and 38mpg. Very pleased.

I never had a single problem when i had my 2010 Focus , ran like a dream with no faults and no leaks.

I had no problems with my 09 plate Focus or the current one. Not even had to replace a bulb on either.

Had no problems with my 2010 Zetec S, great car!

Use Artscot79's advice and you won't go wrong. :)

As said some cars are fine some aren't most people dont know they have a problem as they never lift the carpet however there are more than a few posts on here about the issues above

• 3 weeks later...

Might be a bit late. . . But definitely check under the matting drivers footwell!! Other than that a great car.

Had it two week now no leaks from what I can see however it does have a belt squeak which I have yet to look at but anyone have any ideas on a cause? It does change pitch with engine revs so think could be drive belt?

Its all down to who had it really first and foremost is leaks get the boot open and thoroughly check take the spare wheel out and feel in there any moisture indicates its been leaking also passenger and driver footwell dont be afraid to lift the caroet up and feel under the thick wad of insulation for water check all electrics work and aircon blows cold and check for rattles on start up from cold and make sure it has 2 keys if not haggle a spare key out of them

I have a MK3 I think 2012 - does this suffer from water ingress?

Regards

John

My 1.6 TDCI has always had a slight belt squeak (actually more like a tssssh tssssh sort of noise). 18 months and 17k miles later and it's not got any worse!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club