Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Titanium Wheels/alloys

bjs2013uk

Hi, I am currently looking into purchasing a Ford Fiesta, in particular the 1.4 Titanium 5 door, 2012 model. However as you are all probably well aware there have been a number of reports regarding the wheels/alloys buckling, which seems to be a common issue with the Fiesta.

I just wanted to clarify did Ford change the wheels or alloys on the Titanium model after a specific manufacturing date or are they still the same?

Thanks in advance!

They changed the design and since then I don't think there's been any reported problems (I believe it was late 2010/early 2011?)

Old design:

1443198.JPG

New design:

fiesta-titanium-fe12ugd10.jpg

As above the new wheel design appears to be stronger (less/no reported issues). I've had my Titanium a year and so far *touch wood* haven't had wheel issues except a nail in a tyre.

The 2013 model has higher profile tyres which would reduce road noise and protect the wheels further.

Great, thanks for the responses!

I am extremely tempted to get a Fiesta 1.4 Titanium! Is it a decent car or should I really be waiting for a second hand 2013 model in 6/9 months time?

Go for the 1.0 ecoboost much better engine.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear its a toss up between the 2012 Titanium 1.4 or possibly waiting 6/9 or even 12 months for a resonably priced second hand 2013 model?

Well a 2013 model will have the new engine (1 litre) where as a 2012 will have a 1.4. Some great things have been said about the eco boost so it depends on your own preferences and needs.

There are some fantastic bargains to be had on 2012 cars just now, you can probably still find new ones about or ex demos with good chunks taken off the list price. I suspect the 2013 cars will go the same but will probably still be pricey in 6 months.

Hi, I have just been to my local dealer and the Fiesta Titanium had the below alloys fitted:

img4417copy.jpg

Does anyone know if these alloys are prone to buckling too? The car is from Motorpoint and I think they import cars or something so maybe thats why they are differnet.

Thanks again

Those alloys were an option on the Titanium. Haven't heard many complaints but that could be down to fewer people having them in the first place.

Oh right thanks for the reply!

Presumably the 5 spoke alloys did not receive the revamp treatment like the 15 spoke ones?