Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 1.6 Tdci Straight Down Pipe

mcp

Hi

I've been looking into getting the dpf removed and it mapped out, leaving the original case in place so it's looks stock. Has anyone had any experience with this? Some people are saying its an mot failed to remove but from what I've been reading from vosa only petrols need a full emissions test, diesel only have a smoke test. So I've been thinking I could just put a straight downpipe in, removing the cat and dpf. Before I do this does anybody know if it would it be an mot failure?

Thanks

Nope, this won't be an MOT failure, I had the same setup on my previous 2 diesels (CAT & Backbox removed), the only problem I did have was an advisory for the exhaust system being too loud.

as they only fast test on a derv just on tick over, not like a petrol...... hold on 3k for a min or so..

its now an mot failure i believe to have any part of the emission system removed - including the cat on a diesel now. I was going to remove the cat on mine, but i figured there is no point if i need to refit it again just for an mot.

also when testing diesels they hold them on the red line for a second not just at idle - so i was led to believe by an mot tester

when mine went in, a few days before xmas, due to alternator probs and earthing probs etc... he give it a harsh rev before shoving the probe up loads of smoke came out lol, flew the fast pass. which i tbh was dreading....

when mine went in, a few days before xmas, due to alternator probs and earthing probs etc... he give it a harsh rev before shoving the probe up loads of smoke came out lol, flew the fast pass. which i tbh was dreading....

Italian tune up for next year then? :lol:

it had that on the way, at 1 point i was in 3rd hitting 4.2k for approx 1/2 a mile or so having green lights and beeps going off telling me change gear, hit 4.5k the light turns red lmao......

I wanted to get the dpf internals removed last october when fitting the 2.5" dpf back exhaust,

But since my focus has got its tax band based on emissions and the ability for the MOT rules to change in a heartbeat i thought it best to hold off on it.

From my understanding it is now illegal or atleast an MOT failure, maybe it is ok to remove it if your car was built before 2008 when cars were n9ot baed on emission tax.

However their is a help section in the back pages of fast ford magazine and ive purchased febuary's edition with the RS500 on the front cover.

And in the back pages, a reader contacted fastford regarding DPF issues, and their response was to have it removed.

So now im confused lol

Id like to remove it, as it would relieve all back pressure since the rest of the system is 2.5" internal bore.

IMG_20130113_090934.jpg

So i now Quote FastFord Magazine Issue:327 release:febuary 2013 Page:111

Title: Q&A Ask The Experts

Sub title: Focus Pipe Cleaning.

Q: I have a problem with my 2006 Focus 1.6TDCi. The car has no power and judders all the time, and fuel economy is right down as well. There are no warning lights and a friend's OBD2 diagnostics has found no fault codes. I am thinking it might be a pump or faulty injectors, but if its not that, what else might it be? The car starts from cold and from hot with no problem. It's done 86,000 miles and its never thrashed.

"Mike Blackstone"

A: This could be the pump as you have mentioned, but check somthing else out first - what is catching a lot of people (including garages) out is a blocked diesel particulate filter (DPF). This is a filter that's housed in the exhaust (a bit like a catalytic converter) and catches all the soot that's produced from the diesel engine. When this filter gets blocked with soot, the ECU tells it to do a self clean, also known as regeneration. This heats the exhaust to a very high temperature, which burns off the soot into an ash, which is then expell3d through the tail pipe. Most DPF problems occur because the car is driven around town, where the engine will not be revving fast enough to get the heat throughput, A dealer will be able to measure the backpressure in the exhaust, which will then tell you wheather the filter is blocked. If it is, then you have two opt8ons:

Either replace the DPF or take it out altogeather and swap with a straight-through pipe. DPF filters are very expensive because of the precious metals in them.

Taking it out all togeather is now becoming more common, as it also has a few benefits. It will never clog up again, fuel economy is better. The ECU will need to be remapped however, so it doesn't keep trying to do regeneration. Try contacting Stan at www.ecotune-scotland.co.uk for prices on DPF removal. They sell self-replacement kits, which includes a little Gizmo to remap the ECU through the OBD.

so there it is in black and white a stainless turbo back exhaust :-) (well kinda lol)

Thanks for the replies, I might take a walk down to my local garage and ask them.

I'm actually thinking about doing that, complete turbo back, with egr delete and a performance remap but I can't do anything for a few months when my insurance is up as my current insurer doesn't do mods.

Does anybody know anywhere that does exhausts for mk2 1.6 tdci focus, TRW sell one but I'll get stung on currency conversion and postage. And are the any recommendations for garages to do the remap? I've heard rs tuning in Leeds are good?

Thanks for the replies, I might take a walk down to my local garage and ask them.

I'm actually thinking about doing that, complete turbo back, with egr delete and a performance remap but I can't do anything for a few months when my insurance is up as my current insurer doesn't do mods.

Does anybody know anywhere that does exhausts for mk2 1.6 tdci focus, TRW sell one but I'll get stung on currency conversion and postage. And are the any recommendations for garages to do the remap? I've heard rs tuning in Leeds are good?

Ive got a piper 2.5" dpf back stainless duplex exhaust purchased through eBay from piper,

Very happy with it.

only because he is posh ^^^^^^^^^

only because he is posh ^^^^^^^^^

lmao im middle class lol dont drink or smoke just modify the car.

just the same as me lol, you must be on more wonga haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club