Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Mondeo Tdci Spare Key?

bladeage

Good morning everyone,

I recently brought my mondeo and it did not come with a spare key, it is a 2007 old shape car.

I have taken a look around the forums to find how/where to get a spare key from but am returning to you as I could not get a conclusive answer. It seems you are able to buy blank keys that need reprogramming, can anyone give me some solid advice where to buy a blank and where I can get it reprogrammed-and the cost?

thanks in advance!

if you arent confident yourself, contact your local auto locksmiths. They can provide a key, cut and code as necessary and for a reasonable cost in most instances. If you wanted to do it yourself, you could buy a blank key from eBay with all electronics and chips, take it to timpsons or likewise and get it cut. There is a method in the Focus which involves putting the new key in the ignition and flicking between 0 and III on the barrell several times to code the key to the car. Not sure if the mondy's have the same practice though...

I'm pretty sure that Ford removed self programming after a certain date but for the life of me can't find a definitive date.

That system still required both original keys anyway so would be a non starter from the start.

I agree that you need to go to an Auto Locksmith, they will cut and code the key for you and at a fraction of what Ford dealers will charge.

You can programme the key to the central locking yourself, but the immobiliser needs programming with an VCM IDS tool. (Vehicle Communication Module / Integrated Diagnostic Software).

It will take about 30 seconds to programme the system for which Ford will charge at least an hours labour.

Many thanks for the reply's chaps, I will give some local locksmiths a call.