Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 2010 Zetec S

Gavc

Fed up with the snow and the cold so braved it out there to de badge my rear end today, so focus and Zetec badges no more, a nice clean smooth looking rear!! ;)

2 days till rear window tints!!! :)

Sweet!

Look forward to seeing the results after the tint.

Hey Lenny, me too mate, will post some pics Wednesday night :)

Hmmmm a smooth rear...

I left the TDCi badge on the back of mine ;) I like people knowing its a diesel that's just disappeared from their view! lol

Lmao!!!

Yep just how I Like's it lol ;)

Hopefully st grille on tomorrow and gel overlays before I go get me windows tinted!! :)

Good lad! Your really steaming thru all these mods!!

Yes dave I certainly am!! :)

Well a busy day of modding today:

- St front upper grille fitted with no problems, thanks to dave for a great guide!!

- Gel overlays fitted

post-39625-0-88101900-1358952554_thumb.j

Also been to south coast tints for my rear window tinting, great guys and service and only took an hour!!!

While I was there also got a quote to carbon wrap my front lip.....£30+vat, so gonna have that done in a couple of weeks. ;)

post-39625-0-88643400-1358952649_thumb.j

post-39625-0-10833900-1358952682_thumb.j

post-39625-0-95256800-1358952712_thumb.j

post-39625-0-14324300-1358952743_thumb.j

Pics aren't great from my iPhone and the grey skies didn't help but I think the car looks great, gives it a completely different look, hope you all agree!! :)

30quid to carbon wrap the lip??

do it yourself mate, can buy a big roll of wrap for 8quid. i've still got a load left

or pay to have it carbon dipped

eBay mate, when i'm on the laptop i'll find the link to the one i got. Massive roll for under 8quid

this is the one i used

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FIBRE-VINYL-WRAP-CAR-STICKER-3D-Black-1520MM-x-600MM-SIZE-/190640365448?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c630d1f88

cheapest one going i think for the size of the roll

i'm gonna re-dip all my parts soon when i get some better carbon film

Thanks for that mate, :) just been searching carbon dipping and found a company near me so going to get a quote for front lip and fog surrounds.

Where do you get yours dipped mate?

I do my dipping myself mate. All set up to do it

lol i only do it on a small scale mate. to be fair it is a !Removed! horrible long process lol.

i'm just waiting for the cold weather to go before i resume.

i should also be getting some better quality carbon print in soon and then i'll start offering it as a service.

if you want i could always dip some stuff for you, be cheaper than going to a big company

Lol I bet it is.

Cool, ill hold off for a bit then till you get organised mate. ;)

Yes dave I certainly am!! :)

Well a busy day of modding today:

- St front upper grille fitted with no problems, thanks to dave for a great guide!!

- Gel overlays fitted

post-39625-0-88101900-1358952554_thumb.j

Also been to south coast tints for my rear window tinting, great guys and service and only took an hour!!!

While I was there also got a quote to carbon wrap my front lip.....£30+vat, so gonna have that done in a couple of weeks. ;)

post-39625-0-88643400-1358952649_thumb.j

post-39625-0-10833900-1358952682_thumb.j

post-39625-0-95256800-1358952712_thumb.j

post-39625-0-14324300-1358952743_thumb.j

Pics aren't great from my iPhone and the grey skies didn't help but I think the car looks great, gives it a completely different look, hope you all agree!! :)

Looking good! Glad the guide helped! Must mean it's fairly easy to follow!!

First you gotta degrease n sand the item, then you gotta prime, then you gotta base coat.

Then you gotta do the actual dip, so you need to get the water temp perfect cause if its too cold or too hot you'll ruin it, then you need to float the print on the water, then you need to activate it, then you need to dip the item at an angle very carefully

Next you have to rinse the item but be careful not to do it too soon or too hard or you'll wash some of the print off. Then you need to leave it to dry

then you need to give at least 5 coats of lacquer and let it harden for at least 2 days.

Then you gotta buff it up n polish it.

So yup lol theres a hell of a lot of work involved n theres that many things that can go wrong.

Then of course it really stinks, especially the activator so you'll be choking on it.

So really you need somewhere decent to do it and where you can let the item dry n harden without having it inside with the fumea choking everyone in the house.

Like i said i'm all set up to do it, just be a lot better when the snows gone at least.

I have got a load of carbon print ready, but i think i've now sourced some even better quality print that looks more like true carbon. Just waiting for my supplier to get it in for me which should be in the next week.

Finally recieved the last bits and pieces to install my footwell lighting and second boot light today, so hoping for some good weather this weekend!! :)

Finally recieved the last bits and pieces to install my footwell lighting and second boot light today, so hoping for some good weather this weekend!! :)

If you have access to a pop up Gazebo with those cloth side walls you could work on the car in any conditions.

And wiring the footwells up can be done inside the house running out for a quick trial meassure of cable length then back in to splice them togeather.

If you lived closer id install em for you and throw you an extra blanket ;)

Lol thanks Lenny soooo kind!!!

Braved it mate :) Footwell lights all in just got to wire up in the courtesy light, fitted the wiring for second boot light, just waiting for my led panels from hong kong!! Also fitted the mist jets today. ;)

Cracking on with the mods!!

What you think of the tints then mate??

Lol thanks Lenny soooo kind!!!

Braved it mate :) Footwell lights all in just got to wire up in the courtesy light, fitted the wiring for second boot light, just waiting for my led panels from hong kong!! Also fitted the mist jets today. ;)

Cracking on with the mods!!

What you think of the tints then mate??

Tints are looking sweeet!!

Didnt spot the pictures till you mentioned it, i turned back to page2 of the thread.

What percentage is on the windows and did you get the front side windows done?

The tint seems to bring the car lower and more streamline, fills the gap in body to look more whole and complete.

Are you getting the grills sprayed or fitting a TripleRcomposites front splitter?

Thanks for your comments Lenny :) the tints are 20% the same as factory fitted.

Not sure about getting the grilles sprayed or the splitter yet, the next mods the Eibach springs, which will be very soon, should change the look again. ;)

Thanks for your comments Lenny :) the tints are 20% the same as factory fitted.

Not sure about getting the grilles sprayed or the splitter yet, the next mods the eibach springs, which will be very soon, should change the look again. ;)

I want your tinted windows mate, defo on my list of mods this year,

The Eibach springs will change the appearance of the car even more low and fat.

Looking forward to getting my eibach's fitted too.

Is your Zs petrol or diesel ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club