Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford "courtesy Service"

1989jeffrey1989

When i got the car i was told to take the car in for a 300 mile courtesy check so i went to book it they said no its after 3 months, I went back after three months and they said no its at 3000 miles. So today i went to book it in after reaching 3000 miles he said ive had the car for a year so il need to put it in for its first year service which costs £157. Am i just being mugged about?? I certainly feel that way as the "courtesy check" will be included in the price of the car surely?

Well I got mine looked at after 3 months. It's supposed to be free and optional at 3 months or 1000 miles, whichever comes first.

£157 sounds ok for the first service, mines was £184.

Well I got mine looked at after 3 months. It's supposed to be free and optional at 3 months or 1000 miles, whichever comes first.

£157 sounds ok for the first service, mines was £184.

They said 3 months to me then said nope its 3000 miles, im being messed about and not happy to be honest! Though the car is nearly a year old its still not on. Think fords will have to get a piece of my mind.

Ask for the ford value service. If its only a year old that'll be all it needs and its only about £98

I guess il have to settle for that /: tho i feel being messed about im still being ripped off from a service i was offered and not given.

I do agree with what you are saying. Maybe worth a complaint. It sounds as though theyve been puttin you off until the cars over a year old so they dont need to honour the courtesy service

Thats how it feels :( Seems to be fords customer service which alot of people on this forum have had issues with letting us folks down again, Shame really i've always been a fan of ford, The models, memoribilia and the history of the company for many years. Me and my dad have collected more than 300 ford models between us over the years. Always driven fords and i feel some what dis-respected and mistreated.

Ive got to be honest the wee ford garage i take my car to is fantastic never had a problem or a gripe with them. if they say theyve fixed something theyve fixed it or if something genuinly does need done theyll tell me instead of making crap up to try and make more money out of me

Must be hendy fords then, ive heard a few people get messed about by them from friends and relatives etc. swapped pedals, different car mats silly things realy but you wouldnt buy an ice cream with a flake for it to be m&m's lol

yum m&m cornettos im gona buy some of them tomorrow now lol no had them for years

yum m&m cornettos im gona buy some of them tomorrow now lol no had them for years

Lol, roll on summertime :)

I stay in scotland the only difference between summer and winter is that in the summer the rains slightly warmer pmsl

I have a Ford dealer only a handful of miles from me and another one about 30, the nearer one is a bigger place but the customer care is terrible.

I'd rather travel 30 miles to get a far better service.

It appears that the larger the dealer, the worse the service gets.

The little ones are more grateful for the trade I suppose.

Mines the same i have a large Stealer near me ( 2 miles away) but i would rather travel 15 miles to a small interdependent ford dealer and get better treated. Example of this is that i ordered my new fiesta in 2012 Q4 but there is a better deal with lower apr to be had in 2013 Q1 so small ones are going to refinance car when they have it in there hands so i save £15 a month not much but its the extra they do, also having lego and free chocolate bars for the little one to play and eat with while we are sorting details out.

The one i got too is literally just around the corner from me :D its great lol

also having lego and free chocolate bars for the little one to play and eat with while we are sorting details out.

Eat the Lego and play with the chocolate?

Hope not lol.

If they had that at my Dealers I reckon I'd be there first and kids wouldn't get a look in. :D

Eat the Lego and play with the chocolate?

Hope not lol.

If they had that at my Dealers I reckon I'd be there first and kids wouldn't get a look in. :D

Haha I got my little cousin a big lego Police station for christmas just so I could build it haha

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3886104/Trail/searchtext%3ELEGO+CITY+POLICE.htm

I keep pushing the miss'es to get lego for the little one but she says its for boys and the little would rather dolls etc :( lol

I keep pushing the miss'es to get lego for the little one but she says its for boys and the little would rather dolls etc :( lol

Type in lego for girls in google. There loads lol

lol i was well amused. You can put the robbers in the cells and then when the guards not watching they get crowbars out from under their beds and burst the toilet off the wall and climb down the drain pipe only to be caught by the little lego german shephard lol

I wouldn't get the value service while the car is in warranty. You need to follow the service schedules to keep within the warranty terms.

haha every wain should have lego even the big ones ;) haha