Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Durashift Problems

labluva

Hi anyone else had problems with Durashift semi automatics. I have a Fiesta 1.4 Zetec 57 reg only done 22000 miles and needs actuators costing over £1000. Cant believe this has happened at such low mileage. Seems to be a weakness according to some threads on the internet. Very disillusioned with Ford

There seems to be a lot of problems with these Duratecs semi automatics. I have a 1.4 2005 reg. Had the shift motors replaced 2 years a go. The car started playing up again 2 weeks ago, not starting. Towed it to fords who put it on their IDS. Fords told me that it would need a new TCM and if that didn't work other parts would be necessary. Could end up with a bill for over. 2k. I said I might as well scrap the car. Fords admitted to me that their boxes are a load of junk. Right now I am sitting with a load of junk on my drive. Only 35k on the clock. Exploring other options such as removal instructions of the clutch actuator and the shift motors, so that I can source replacements at hopefully 25% of fords costs.

Thats terrible I think we should try and get more evidence from others on this poor performance and go to Watchdog or some other consumer outfit to broadcast this and shame Ford. Sounds like I need to get rid of my car as soon as it is repaired!!!

Has anyone tried the posted fix in relation to the shift actuator? and does anyone know how easy it is to remove the clutch actuator and when putting it back in place know how to bleed it?

Surely we have got to learn how to repair these component failures as the posted fix implies, as Ford's do not seem to mind how much they can extract from our pockets. The only problem I see when we have restored the components to good use is having to get Ford's or someone to reprogram via IDS if the components fail to communicate with each other.

I see this less of an issue as some one in Ford's has told me this can be done and it does not cost a arm and a leg like the components.

Thanks for the reply Dan62. I will shortly be removing the components and will report back my findings.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

After having problems with my Ford Fiesta, duratec semi automatic, I can report that it is back on the road today and is driving as new. It did not cost me anywhere as much as fords had quoted and I am very happy.

Hi everyone,

After having problems with my Ford Fiesta, duratec semi automatic, I can report that it is back on the road today and is driving as new. It did not cost me anywhere as much as fords had quoted and I am very happy.

Nice one. Well done for having a go and getting it sorted. It does give you a feeling of satisfaction when you look at how much you saved yourself.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

It sounds like I have something dodgy with an actuator- could anyone please confirm whether my 2005 fiesta auto struggling to change from 2nd to 3rd and then 4th to 5th (usually seems like it shifts to neutral and revs during the sluggish change) is an actuator problem or a clutch problem. I'm more than happy to strip the motors down to try the fix but don't want to waste the effort!

• 2 weeks later...

You may have got this sorted by now, but it is possible that it is the actuators. Do you get two dashes in the gear display when you turn the ignition on?

as well as the gear selecter shaft/bush problem, there is also a common fault in the wiring loom..

i did a quick write up on this

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41836-fix-durashift-problem-2/

recommend checking this at the same time as the selector bush

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club