Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SPEEDOMETER PROBLEM!

vicki_767

Hi, I've had my Fiesta LX MK6 for about 8 weeks now and the speedometer has developped a problem - its very tempremental and doesnt follow any particlar pattern but every so often my speedometer will drop to zero for a few seconds when im driving. Usually it jumps back up again after about 10-20 seconds but its very annoyng and is making me wary espeically when going past speed cameras!

At first i thought it was a loose conection but when i rang the guy he said there arent cables running to the accellorator etc anymore in new cars and its all done through the engine computer which worries me as i know this can be expensive! Does anyone else have any ideas on what it could be or if there are any cheaper solutions? I dont really want to Shell out £50-£60 for a diagnostics electrician before knowing if there could be anything i could do myself!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Vehicle speed sensor. Not sure how much they are on a fiesta, but varies from £90 to £300 on the focus, depending on whether the garage says they have taken the gearbox out to take the old one out.

Ok cheers :)

One of my mates has told me hes going to check some connection in the top of the geerbox but tbh im just guna leave him to it becasue i dont know much about cars!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club