Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Upgrades

Hassen

Yup, mine too :(

Love the look of the wind deflectors though & the fact you can open the window slightly without any rain getting in.

• Like 1

Haven't checked for scratches to the window. Will do that tomorrow

Which tuning boxes?

Unsure of the make. They were not the usual cheapo ones found on eBay. He mentioned it would about the same price as a remap i.e €275. I will probably call him back tomorrow to find more information about that. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Maps are usually better than tuning boxes, but tuning boxes are removable. About all there is to say. Like maps, stay away from cheap ones.

• Like 1

If you go for a Bluefin you have the option to add and remove the remap anytime you like.

• Like 1

Maps are usually better than tuning boxes, but tuning boxes are removable. About all there is to say. Like maps, stay away from cheap ones.

Indeed. I would prefer a remap personally but by the sounds of it, I might have to look down the options for a tuning box.

If you go for a Bluefin you have the option to add and remove the remap anytime you like.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that there was no Bluefin option available for my car, Ford Focus 1.6TDCI 109Bhp 2010 model?

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=9&model=2&fueltype=2&variant=2264

It is now saying that I have to go to a Superchips dealer to get my ECU bluefin enabled before using the Bluefin.

I am now officially confused with it all!?

• Like 1

Indeed.

Newer ECU's seen to be coded to block mapping.

Typical Ford, trying to ruin a drivers fun.

• Like 1

Thats interesting, the Superchips Bluefin claims 141 Hp and thats just with the map,

So you would think the 150Hp we have heard talked about on the 1.6 seems feasable with some sensible (phisical) mods (exhaust/ intercooler) without "going daft" (hybrid turbo, massive injectors, nitrus methanol etc )

• Like 1

Indeed.

Newer ECU's seen to be coded to block mapping.

Typical Ford, trying to ruin a drivers fun.

Absolutely. Thought it would be a bit easier to get this done. Kinda very annoyed now as I was looking forward to this.

Thats interesting, the Superchips Bluefin claims 141 Hp and thats just with the map,

So you would think the 150Hp we have heard talked about on the 1.6 seems feasable with some sensible (phisical) mods (exhaust/ intercooler) without "going daft" (hybrid turbo, massive injectors, nitrus methanol etc )

By the sounds of it, and going on the reputation of Superchips, 150 bhp is in the feasible range with sensible mods as you mentioned.

I was thinking maybe exhaust and air box might just be enough to give another 10 bhp without going totally mad on the mods? With a bigger intercooler to keep everything ticking over nicely.

I would be very pleased with 150 bhp and a bootful of torque :)

• Like 1

Back to the tyres, decided to get a full set of Federal S595 in the end. Decided against a cheaper, lesser known brand just for peace of mind. Total price €440 including wheel alignment/tracking.
Anyone has any experience with these tyres?

• Like 1

Got tyres fitted today, balanced and tracking sorted as well. Grand total of €400 for Federal S595. Paul at Condron Tyres in Killeigh knocked off another €40 in the end as they were running behind time and I had to wait longer. Very happy with the service.

So far, only drove a few miles on them but the difference is significant. Much less road noise, ride much smoother and grip in the dry today was impressive. Given the fact that my old tyres were close to the legal limit and was losing traction regularly, this is a big upgrade for me.
Will report with more details in a few weeks but so far very pleased with them.

DPP_0089_zpsb33220f5.jpg

DPP_0087_zps126213e8.jpg

DPP_0083_zpsd907e3dd.jpg

• Like 1

Since it was a nice day, decided to get a picture of the car with the new tyres :)

DPP_0079_zpse2cec060.jpg

Car looks good mate, nice directional tyres aswell,

I seem to be missing a lot on the forum recently, I've just saw this thread for the first time.

Souhans had trouble writing the map to my 2010 focus 1.6TDCi but they managed it in the end.

Same price as you quoted at 275 id give them a call mate in trim co.meath

Nice long straight dual carriage way back home to the M50 too.

Also the capaciter filters the positive feed from the battery to the amp

The capaciter is a 1 way system so the ports will be marked IN and OUT

IN from the battery

OUT to the amp

A capaciter provides a resivour of instant power to the amp.

It can provide the power quicker than the battery thus helping your base response.

The battery keeps the capaciter topped up.

As the capaciter feeds your amp.

0.5 fared would have been sufficent but a 1.0 is more than enough.

Cheers Lenny. Yea, I missed a few posts as well. Wonder what is happening.

Spoke to the guys at Souhans and in the end decided to go with Autoremap as I didn't have the funds for new exhaust. Also, the exhaust is perfectly fine as it is lol. Autoremap suggested a tuning box instead of a remap as it was difficult to get the remap done. Apparently, Ford making it more difficult to get cars remapped. Even Superchips/Bluefin need to get the car into them before the Bluefin can take for this model. Go figure.

As a result, tuning box being ordered this Tuesday and expecting to receive it this Friday. Hopefully will be able to fit it before next weekend as I am going West and looking forward to a long trip with the new tuning box installed. From what I gather, +31 bhp and +60nm torque from the tuning box. 10 nm less torque. Settings can be tweaked accordingly so as to get a good blend of power and economy.

Really looking forward to this.

DPP_0079-nonumber_zps3ae83c09.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny. Yea, I missed a few posts as well. Wonder what is happening.

Spoke to the guys at Souhans and in the end decided to go with Autoremap as I didn't have the funds for new exhaust. Also, the exhaust is perfectly fine as it is lol. Autoremap suggested a tuning box instead of a remap as it was difficult to get the remap done. Apparently, Ford making it more difficult to get cars remapped. Even Superchips/Bluefin need to get the car into them before the Bluefin can take for this model. Go figure.

As a result, tuning box being ordered this Tuesday and expecting to receive it this Friday. Hopefully will be able to fit it before next weekend as I am going West and looking forward to a long trip with the new tuning box installed. From what I gather, +31 bhp and +60nm torque from the tuning box. 10 nm less torque. Settings can be tweaked accordingly so as to get a good blend of power and economy.

Really looking forward to this.DPP_0079-nonumber_zps3ae83c09.jpg

Should be easy enough fitting the tuning box, not an item id fit personally but it gives the desired effect,

And once fitted mate your cheeks will begin to hurt from the huge smile on your face when driving the new found power,

I still giggle like a girl at the rush of torque overtaking in 5th

Cheers Lenny. I sorted it out by removing the picture.

As for the tuning box, I really can't wait. Looking forward to getting a better car all round as of next week. Will post pictures of the install and a review after.

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny. I sorted it out by removing the picture.

As for the tuning box, I really can't wait. Looking forward to getting a better car all round as of next week. Will post pictures of the install and a review after.

Sweet mate,

I was scared of the accelerator the first time I drove after remap lol

Take time to harness the new found power, and your top speed will still be 192kmh

So may save you a trip.

• Like 1

Haha, now I am really looking forward to the weekend. Tuning box ordered and I am hoping the post doesn't let me down down. If all goes to plan, it should be here on Friday.

In other news, I got out of work today and realised that someone had stolen my 4 wind deflectors! Absolutely gutted as I only had them for a few months :(
It might have either happened at work or last night at home. Either way, don't think I will be ftting another one any time soon. Don't even know how they managed to get it out as it's the type that goes inside the door rubbers :(

Haha, now I am really looking forward to the weekend. Tuning box ordered and I am hoping the post doesn't let me down down. If all goes to plan, it should be here on Friday.

In other news, I got out of work today and realised that someone had stolen my 4 wind deflectors! Absolutely gutted as I only had them for a few months :(

It might have either happened at work or last night at home. Either way, don't think I will be ftting another one any time soon. Don't even know how they managed to get it out as it's the type that goes inside the door rubbers :(

Jesus that's terrible news mate,

They were very brave taking the time to remove all four,

And considering your most likely the only focus in ireland with Team Heko wind deflectors fitted; it won't be hard to spot them,

Perhaps try Clara market next Sunday, I'll keep both eyes out for a focus with hekos fitted,

For your own piece of mind I hope it happend in work rather than your home,

A cctv with recorder costs less than 180 euro for extra security,

I can't express my true aragence on the forum regarding your loss mate,

I've been a victim of theft twice lost laptops and phones cops are a lost hope too.

Even when they catch the criminal you don't get your item back or any compensation ,

The working man is constantly at a loss.

Hope the postman doesn't delay with the tuning box on Friday mate,

• Like 2

Cheers for the kind words Lenny. Cannot explain how annoyed and angry I am after they were stolen. Had other items stolen in the past, and it's the same feeling every time. Worse bit is that if it happened at home, my next door neighbour is a policeman. There were burglaries in our estate recently and I just hope that every one else possessions are safe.

2 more sleeps!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update:

Ordered a pair of heated mist jets and hopefully picking them up tomorrow from Ford dealership. Gonna follow Lenny's guide to fitting them over the weekend and see how they work out. Guy in Ford dealer knows my car and was wondering why I was buying parts for the 2011 Focus model. Had to explain to him what I was trying to do and he had a laugh about it as he didn't think they would fit my car.

Results to follow once fitted.

Had to explain to him what I was trying to do and he had a laugh about it as he didn't think they would fit my car.

Yet again proof that Ford don't know Jack about their own cars.

In fairness to him, i am probably the first person who called to get that part retrofitted to the Mk 2.5

Managed to fit it fairly easily with the help of Lenny's guide. Very happy with the end result. Only issue is that the spray is too wide at present and nearly going off the car windscreen. Any ideas how to fix this?

In fairness to him, i am probably the first person who called to get that part retrofitted to the Mk 2.5

Managed to fit it fairly easily with the help of Lenny's guide. Very happy with the end result. Only issue is that the spray is too wide at present and nearly going off the car windscreen. Any ideas how to fix this?

Some can be adjusted with a pin, just angle the spray back onto the windscreen, remember it is different when the car is stationary to when at speed with the air pressure deflecting the spray

• Like 1

Cheers for the info Foca. You are right about the spray when stationary and moving. On my way up on the motorway today, the spray was much nicer with the wind and it was a joy to use as the Irish weather was acting the b******s again. It was bright, sunny and lashing rain at the same time with intermittent patches of dryness.

Definitely worth the money this mod if you use the washers regularly.

• Like 1

Getting back to the wind deflectors - I have just bought a full set for my Focus. The front seem straight forward but the rear ones I have adhesive tape on them?

Having checked the FAQ on the Climaire web site it states that no wind deflectors have any clips or adhesive and just clip in.

Can anyone who has fitted them please advise.

Many thanks

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club