Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 6 Suspension.

5t3v3

Hey guys just a quick question. Does anyone know if the suspension set up from an ST will fit my 1.4 petrol? The only thing that i can see stopping it would be the hubs maybe?

The other thing is has anyone had any bother when they have had their timing belts done with the crankshaft bolt?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Im not sure about the suspension, does the ST use bigger brake calipers?

the crankshaft bolt can be pretty stubborn to remove, a good impact gun should sort it out though

The ST standard suspension should physically fit all the Mk6 fiestas, but as it's developed to hold up a 2.0 ltr car, if you fit it to your 1.4 ltr flame, but might make a moon buggy out of it.

(That's what my O/H says as she's got a Bilstein B12 setup on her Fiesta ST after lots of investigation)

Thanks for the quick replies.

Stef it does use bigger brake calipers, its more the hubs that i'm thinking about.

Dal. I was worrying about that as i put a set of ZS springs on my standard shocks and it bounces like mad even on smooth roads, wasn't sure if changing the shocks as well would have made any difference to it though.

Its a pity as well as there is a spring/shock set for an ST on eBay for £20 just now and i need to replace a rear shock anyway :(

If it's rears there'll be no difference except in height and hub really. You can probably swap hubs (if it comes with the hub).

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got around to replacing all the suspension parts on it, nice easy swap and now it sits about 2"lower than it was. Pretty stiff so all the bouncing has stopped.

Steve

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club