Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre Console Switch Plates

vince_13

ahh i didnt know that, this is the unit to the right of the steering wheel, would the wiring already be there for the dimmer switch to work or is that another loom i need to make?

on another note does anyone know if the switch plates just pop out or do i need to take the whole row out?

The switch plate needs to come out as the buttons have clips to the rear.

10f051e2-51be-4d0a-9138-e0e29b7c3299.jpg

Also if you want a live feed for illumination with the headlights/dash/console hook a splice onto pin 16 numberplate light circuit) on the back of the headlight control switch.

Also if you want a dimming module then it's plun 'n' play, ithe dimmer simply adds a rheostat into the dash light circuit.

Depending on whether you have auto headlights or not, if you want to add a dimmer module thyen these are what you need-

Dimmer module for auto lights-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-2-Head-Light-Switch-4M5T13A024DA-/110997694721?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d7fa6901

I can't currently find a dimmer module for non auto headlights but they do pop up, a C-Max one will also fit but not Mondeo ones (they're a different size unit)

ok thanks stoney, my current switch doesn't have an option for auto so i presume i don't have it?

ok thanks stoney, my current switch doesn't have an option for auto so i presume i don't have it?

No mate,

To fit auto lighting you require a replacment rear view mirror which has a built in light sensor on the stalk.

You could fit a dimmer unit with auto lighting option and it would work fine but when switched to auto nothing would happen.

Also to confirm,

If you splice lighting in to the positive feed for the rear reg plate as stoney has said to do.

You will of course get illumination when lights are switched on via the standard control switch.

But if using the dimmer,

Splicing in to the feed for the rear reg plate lighting won't dim the lights you have spliced to their.

Instead if you want your additional lighting to be dimmable;

Splice them to a window demister switch illumination feed at the rear of the centre console switches.

ok thanks guys, don't think ill go for the dimmer, ill look for 1 without a the auto lol on another note, i had a look at remove center console trim, i just couldn't get the handbrake gaiter off, i pulled and pulled haha

ok thanks guys, don't think ill go for the dimmer, ill look for 1 without a the auto lol on another note, i had a look at remove center console trim, i just couldn't get the handbrake gaiter off, i pulled and pulled haha

Just leave the centre console in place and lift it just enough to get your hands in.

Or

Try unclip the chrome ring from the gear gator.

update:

after trawling the interent and eBay and other forums i think i finally found a solution

ill be taking the cigarette lighter socket out, and leaving the silver trim inside, leaving a 26mm diameter hole, in this i will fit one of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221123938648?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

after removing the rubber "finger" on the front face ill fit one of these

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-034-DT&groupid=2362&catid=2295&subcat=

all in all if it all goes well everything should fit, the parts should be here sometime next week so will report back

well guys heres the final product, im so chuffed with it, it looks amazing :D

9239c2cf-01ef-40b2-b918-3dfaca52e76e_zps0469eb87.jpg52144e72-20f4-4312-b192-49089d4d3d0a_zpsa27cda0e.jpg20130223_162259_zpsd4789b6e.jpg

there is a red Led ring aswell, which i wired in to be illuminated when the sub is on, (visual representation)

proof will be in the pudding, when i buy my new radio and wire up my sub remote

cheers stoney, it all paid off, also managed to get the trim out, i didnt realise you had to remove the 2 screws under the armrest