Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Reflector Replacement

Grant H

Anyone have any guides on how to remove the rear bumper?

I have cracked the reflector on the passenger side but getting access to the screws is impossible without taking the whole bumper off by the looks of it.

I already have the replacement part ready to fit.

Anyone know how I can do this please?

You can do it without taking the bumper off, although removing the rear wheel will give you more space.

Some tips and pictures here:

• 2 years later...

I'm looking to replace the N/S/R reflector as somehow it snapped and I've been dying to fix it for a while. My question to those who have succeeded, HOW??

I cannot get my hand up inside to remove the second screw. The first was is fine but the second one, no chance. I can't get my hand in or have a tool to fit in to undo the screw.

Please please please can someone assist.

I've also tried to remove the bumper but fell at the first hurdle trying to remove the retaining clips for the firewall (material stuff in the wheel arches).

The screw nearest the centre of the car is very awkward to get at. I used a screw driver socket end and turned it using a pair of pliers as you can only get at it from a right angle. The easiest way to get the other screw out is by peeling back the wheel arch lining, which can be done without removing the wheel, you can then get a screw driver to it.

Never seen those before iantt, what are they and when can u get them from??

Thinking maybe screw head and a pair of mole grips to turn it.

The angled version works best

I want one of them too :)

There screwdriver bit ratchets, the image shows expensive ones, but there are variants of these on ebay/amazon, there good for exactly the reflector replacement mentioned

Those ratchets are class, my palm torx wouldn't fit behind the bumper metal so I ended up taking the 2 torx screws out by the rear lights and carefully popping the bumper clips out. Once the bumpers free its a 2 minute job.

I need to invest in one, good find.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club