Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Arghhhh! :(

DanGersFord

Front passenger side suspension springs just snapped!

Yipes!

Any damage to the motor, or have you limped it home with little damage?

Luckily it was right outside my house so hopefully not. Im hoping its covered by my warranty. Can't see any other damage but its hard to tell

Definately get it in like a shot tomorrow, dont see how it could be wear and tear to be honest, so soon after you bought it, so with any fortune it will be covered!

It shouldn't give you any problems although I would get it sorted asap. My wifes SportKA failed its MOT on both front springs which had snapped. We didn't even notice it and it didn't feel any different after they were replaced.

You can see it on mine the wheels actualy grinding against the wheel arch. You maybe didnt feel the difference cause both had snapped. You can feel the difference with mine lol everytime you turn the wheel it grinds like hell. Ive had the car for 2 years but paid extra for a 3 year warranty and its saved me a fortune so far. Ive had the coil pack, a wheel bearing, and 2 oil leaks fixed on it so far one of which wouldve cost £300 to fix because they had to take out the gear box to fix it so yeah its been fairly good and hopefully its coverred

Just checked my warranty and as long as the cars not over 60k on the clock the suspension/shock absorbers and bushes are all coverred and mines only done 56k :) so ill be getting it in the garage asap luckily its just round the corner from me

Just checked my warranty and as long as the cars not over 60k on the clock the suspension/shock absorbers and bushes are all coverred and mines only done 56k :) so ill be getting it in the garage asap luckily its just round the corner from me

thats good news then mate,

hope the other side doesn't fail after your warranty expires though... they should be changed in pairs also to minimise suspension imbalance

thats good news then mate,

hope the other side doesn't fail after your warranty expires though... they should be changed in pairs also to minimise suspension imbalance

Thats not so much of an issue its just cus im skint untill the end of the week that im wanting it done under warranty. As soon as the warranty is up which I think is the end of this year im changing to coilovers anyway and lowering it :)

Thats not so much of an issue its just cus im skint untill the end of the week that im wanting it done under warranty. As soon as the warranty is up which I think is the end of this year im changing to coilovers anyway and lowering it :)

cool mate :)

skint too, man i hate this time of the year!

cool mate :)

skint too, man i hate this time of the year!

I get paid weekly so im not too bad although over christmas i get paid an advanced wage on the 24th dec and then dont get pai again till half way through january. My problem this week is i got paid on thursday and forked out £200 for new brake pads, discs and rear drums so i was short on what i usauly get anyway lol without possibly having to pay out for a set of new springs aswel lol. I realy should start putting some money aside each week incase of something like this lol i get my money on the thursday and come the weekend its gone haha

I get paid weekly so im not too bad although over christmas i get paid an advanced wage on the 24th dec and then dont get pai again till half way through january. My problem this week is i got paid on thursday and forked out £200 for new brake pads, discs and rear drums so i was short on what i usauly get anyway lol without possibly having to pay out for a set of new springs aswel lol. I realy should start putting some money aside each week incase of something like this lol i get my money on the thursday and come the weekend its gone haha

haha yeah mate i know that feeling well, i used to get paid weekly too (that stopped about 18 months ago)

you have spent a fair bit on the car recently then :o

Ive got nothing else to spend my money on mate lol pretty much all goes on the car, its just a small ongoing project basically making it look nice until im 25 then im getting an RS :). Maybe take the girlfriend out every once in a while haha

Ive got nothing else to spend my money on mate lol pretty much all goes on the car, its just a small ongoing project basically making it look nice until im 25 then im getting an RS :). Maybe take the girlfriend out every once in a while haha

just to mcdonalds i hope :lol:

:o McDonalds?? Nah thats far too expensive, down the chippy for a cone of chips lol, if shes lucky ill let her get curry sauce lol

:o McDonalds?? Nah thats far too expensive, down the chippy for a cone of chips lol, if shes lucky ill let her get curry sauce lol

LMAO now we are talking mate!

Lol good job she cant read this or id get the tub of sauce all over me haha

I wonder what she has to do to get the ketchup? :lol:

The metal in the spring becomes more brittle a low temprature

did you change the pads? maybe connected with the spring breaking?

Lol not changed pads/discs yet. I stay quite near to the beach so the air's quite salty. Looking at my other spring that looks abit rusty aswel

Car got fixed yesterday under warranty. Wouldve cost me £250 otherwise. When the spring snapped it damaged a brake hose, high mount and drop link oh and I now have a lovely big scuff on the bottom of my bumper :(

Did they scuff it?

Or was it because that corner was collapsed?

Because the corner collapsed I think

Ouch.

My missus decided to open the passenger door without checking today and scraped a high kerb.

No noticeable damage but Grrr!

The scuffs right at the bottom. You cant realy see it unless you bend down to look, but I know its there ;( lol