Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J1 Automotive/pipercross/ Mountune Induction Kit?

PPKing

Hey all,

As the title says, has anyone got any experience with any of the above? I've heard good things on all but just wanted peoples opinions, especially if anyone has one :)

Cheers

Paul

Not fan of these after market systems, but if I was to get one the J1 would get my vote, just because it seals itself off from the warm engine.

If honest though, the stock system is fine as it is, the only time you need to change is if you go over 150bhp which is where the Mountune one comes in. Over 200 and you would need a race system (as I'm unaware of a stock one that will fit a Fiesta from a Focus or something).

Hey all,

As the title says, has anyone got any experience with any of the above? I've heard good things on all but just wanted peoples opinions, especially if anyone has one :)

Cheers

Paul

Which engine does your Zetec S have?

I have a 1.6 petrol. I'm thinking more towards the mountune induction system. For £79 with maintaining vehicle warranty, and an end aim in a 140 upgrade. I think the mountune will just be subtle enough so it's hidden but you know it's there :)

Sorry for a silly question, but regarding insurance etc I think the most likely will be a Mountune Induction Kit. This to my understanding just consists of a panel filter and silicone hose. Would this have to be declared to the insurance? Failing that, would just a K&N panel filter swap like the one in iNaths video still have to be declared?

Technically any modification from how it left the factory should be declared (excluding consumables) however you could argue the filter is a consumable...

Always best to check with insurer if you're unsure.

It mak seem a strange question (because people assume everyone else is the same as them and wants the same results from any modifications)

What do you want to achieve/ what are your expectations on fitting an air filter/ induction kit to your car?

For example, do you simply want a louder/ sportier "note" / noise

do you want more top snd power (revs) or the engine to pull from lower revs (more low down torque) better throttle response or a filter you can leave in a long time without having to change

or better MPG?

is there something about the car you are unhappy/ unsatisfied with or you feel you wish to have a more "unique" car

Have you done any other modifications or do you plan to in the future?

I gots a pipercross on my 1.4 petrol zetec, its not bad, it has a nice grumble to it, fitting and quality isnt what i expected, but dont really notice once its in.

it does get a bit loud at 4krpm/90mphish,

i do urban/city driving, lots of short roads with plenty of start stopping. i do give it a heavy rev now and then and get around 38mpg.

Paul I have fitted the Mountune Induction Kit to my car just before xmas, only bought the car new in November, and think it does make a slight difference in pick up and noise,but not much. The silicon hose will need a small amount of trimming to get if to fit without any bends and the Mountune logo is pretty small but still looks good. Its not bad value when you compare the price of a K&N and other hoses.

I am leaning towards a full Mountune job but my concern is how loud the exhaust note will get. Has any one had this done and how do you find it for daily use? I don't want mine to sound like my sons Saxo bad boy exhaust.

I am going to my first Ford Fair this year and would really like to meet anyone who has a full Mountune set up so I can get a feel for what it is really like. Let me know if you would like to meet up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club