Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help Ford Ka Indicator Issue

smangle

heya all

brought this x plate ka2 it runs lovely but when i indicate right the indicators flash at double speed i have replaced all the bulbs, the relay and the indicator stalk but still have the same issue i found the 3 earth points on the back of the car removed and cleaned them and done them up nice and tight anybody know of a common fault on these cars because i am at a total loss as to what is causeing it any help would be pukka .

cheers smangle.

p.s just to confirm the lights work as they should with the hazards on just not indicating right i have also noticed that the plastic protector on the back of the headlight is missing and the light fittings for main beam and dip beam are quite rusty would this be the cause of the problem or are they on a differant circuit. again any help would be wicked cheers

Hi there, welcome!

When you say they're flashing at double speed, are all the bulbs doing this on the right hand side? I see you've changed the bulbs but are they all lighting up?

I reckon you could have a dodgy connector that could be shorting out or not lighting up a bulb, causing this situation.

hello mate

all of the bulbs flash as they should just a lot faster than the left side but they work as normal if i put the hazards on i am not getting any of the symptoms most people get with the disco in the back lights i am considering just rewireing the right side indicators.

its getting that annoying

cheers smangle

hello mate

all of the bulbs flash as they should just a lot faster than the left side but they work as normal if i put the hazards on i am not getting any of the symptoms most people get with the disco in the back lights i am considering just rewireing the right side indicators.

its getting that annoying

cheers smangle

The rust on the bulb socket could be making poor contact,

Resulting in the relay sending more power to the other more absorbant bulbs if you will.

Perhaps try to clean the bulb socket with some fine sand paper to promote contact to the bulb.

Also try removing that bulb and see if it flashes any faster without it in place.

Just to check, none of the bulbs have been replaced with LED bulbs have they?

That's a very good point

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club