Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Difference

Joeb

Hi.

Im looking into buy a Ford Fiesta and i have found one i like but its a 1.25 Style climate.

My dad is advising me to get a 1.4.

All i was wondering is if their is a major difference between a 1.25 and a 1.4.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe.

Anyone?

best bet is try both.

I had a 57 plate hire car yesterday it was a Zetec 1.25 the previous fiesta shape (not sure if the new Fiesta 1.25 engine) but, did 250 miles in one day, was better than expected, but you had to drive it and on hills on the motor you needed to change down at times to keep pace, but it was nippy and still fun to drive.

But you ought to try both out in a range of situations to get a feel.

Hi.

Im looking into buy a Ford Fiesta and i have found one i like but its a 1.25 Style climate.

Thanks.

Joe.

you can get the 1.25 with 60ps or 82ps in the style, but if you want the 1.4 you have to have the zetec which will be 96ps and a better trim, but more expensive

you can get the 1.25 with 60ps or 82ps in the style, but if you want the 1.4 you have to have the zetec which will be 96ps and a better trim, but more expensive

I have found them both in the Zetec, but before i commit to buying one (old style) i was just wondering what the difference is.

Top speed.

Acceleration wise.

Etc.

I have found them both in the Zetec, but before i commit to buying one (old style) i was just wondering what the difference is.

Top speed.

Acceleration wise.

Etc.

sorry mate, i was thinking new shape, i would have thought it depends on the type of driving you do, if its a lot of motorway the go for the 1.4, but if not then save your money as both car and insurance would probably be more expensive

sorry mate, i was thinking new shape, i would have thought it depends on the type of driving you do, if its a lot of motorway the go for the 1.4, but if not then save your money as both car and insurance would probably be more expensive

The insurance is negligible. £25.

Seeing as i am 19 i will be doing a bit of everything.

College - which is down the motorway and a roads.

Work - Dual carriageway.

Football - Motorway again

Running around - everyroad.

I was just wondering, because i have seen a nice 1.25 Stlye climate that i like. Will cost me £4500. or would i be better off waiting for a 1.4 Zetec Climate to come round?

Don't know if it is any help to you but i had a fiesta 2004 model silver 1.4 limited edition.I think it was rated at 70ps then.

Top speed never tried,but will cruise all day at 70mph.No problem going up hills.

On a good run would return 44mpg.Total miles i covered in this car 28000 and it returned 36mpg averaged over all sorts of driving conditions,including using air con.

I kept record of every time i filled up,as i do now with my new fiesta.

Hope that this may help.

the 1.25 I had yesterday cost £25 in fuel for 250miles over a range of Motorways and town work, managed on the trip 37mpg.

Hi.

Thanks.

Joe.

There won't be a huge difference but the 1.4 will have a bit more torque so it should pull better therefore you'll probably find it'll more economical and more fun to drive.

Running and insurance costs will be negligable so, like your Dad, I'd probably go for the 1.4 too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club