Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Estate Rear Washer Fluid Leak

meesterbriggs

Hi,

Just bought myself a 52 plate ghia estate. The running of the cars seems fine, but its the little things you don't notice on a test drive. It's got a couple of leaks with the washer system. The first is - I think the washer fluid bottle has got a leak, it needs refilling every couple of days. I've had a look on the forum and it seems as though this has happened to a few others and it's hopefully any easy fix with some silicone gel, but any further comments would be appreciated.

The big problem is the rear washer. When I go to wash the rear window after a few seconds water appears to pour through the roof lining and down the grill on the inside passenger side. I had a quick look under torch light tonight and saw that the lining is damp on the underside. I'm not sure where the leak is coming from although I can see that there are a couple of pipes connected and this connection could be the culprit. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, I can't find anything on the forum, or other forums for that matter, with similar problems. Do the pipes perish easily and if so are they an easy fix? Like I say it's localised to the rear of the car only.

Of course I could not bother with cleaning my back window, but this weather and long journeys means visibility reduces fairly quickly, so i'd like to wash it every now and then.

Thanks

Hi,

Just bought myself a 52 plate ghia estate. The running of the cars seems fine, but its the little things you don't notice on a test drive. It's got a couple of leaks with the washer system. The first is - I think the washer fluid bottle has got a leak, it needs refilling every couple of days. I've had a look on the forum and it seems as though this has happened to a few others and it's hopefully any easy fix with some silicone gel, but any further comments would be appreciated.

The big problem is the rear washer. When I go to wash the rear window after a few seconds water appears to pour through the roof lining and down the grill on the inside passenger side. I had a quick look under torch light tonight and saw that the lining is damp on the . I'm not sure where the leak is coming from although I can see that there are a couple of pipes connected and this connection could be the culprit. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, I can't find anything on the forum, or other forums for that matter, with similar problems. Do the pipes perish easily and if so are they an easy fix? Like I say it's localised to the rear of the car only.

Of course I could not bother with cleaning my back window, but this weather and long journeys means visibility reduces fairly quickly, so i'd like to wash it every now and then.

Thanks

Hi

we had a member recently who found the roof rack slides were letting water in that flowed to the rear.

But perished pipes would be a waer and tare thing.

Not sure what the size of hose is, but ford are usually cheap enough for this type of part.

Try fordpartsuk.com email them for pricing on your parts required.

Id change the leaking pipes then examine the area before sealing anywhere else encase its just the hose that is at fault.

A haynes manual will illustrate removal of panels to best help you with changing parts too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club