Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TOWING WITH A MONDEO

glenmar13

How good is the Mondeo 2.0 LX 2003 for towing a caravan with a weight of 1295 kg

Thanks

Glen

It will pull it all around the world mate. My mate used to use a 2.0 ghia estate to pull his and it was heavier than that. Only downside is he got about 18mpg for his trouble with it on the back.

It will pull it all around the world mate. My mate used to use a 2.0 ghia estate to pull his and it was heavier than that. Only downside is he got about 18mpg for his trouble with it on the back.

I tow a smaller caravan, about 1100kg, no problem.

Caravan Club guidelines are the van loaded should be no more than 80% of the gross weight of the towing vehicle.

Good luck.

How good is the Mondeo 2.0 LX 2003 for towing a caravan with a weight of 1295 kg

Thanks

Glen

hi please make sure you check the kerb weight of the car to the mtplm weight of the caravan. this can be found in the handbook and the weight of the caravan should be displayed on the side of the caravan by the door area on a silver plate. The mtplm must be lower than the kerb weight of the car, otherwise you could be ordered to disconnect the combo if you are ever pulled and taken to a weighing station. The police are getting tough on this now. plus if you passed your driving licence after 97 check to make sure the weight you can legally tow as it all changed

Mat

• 2 weeks later...
You could have a look at this site, I found it a great help when researching which car I needed

http://www.whattowcar.com/

Hope this helps :D

Ian

When stopped by the police they will check the weight plate on your car which on the Mondeos is situated on the drivers door pillar. there are 4 weights on there in KGs you take the two top weights and subtract the smaller one from the other. the weight you are left with is the legal maximum weight your car can tow. if the fully laden weight of your van is less than this you are legal. this 85% of your kerbweight is just a caravan club recomendation and not what the police will look for

hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club