Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compatible Stereos?

mikeb185

HI i have just purchase a 06 focus estate with a ford 6000 stereo.

i was wondering what other ford stereos are compatible as i would like 1 with usb, dab and maybe even sat nav/ dvd.

Cheers and hope you can help :)

mike

no reason that they shouldn't be interchangeable, but for some you may need a second aerial and a bit of wiring...

If you look in your audio manual, you should find the variants there. If you cant, it should be online somewhere.

Why don't you look at aftermarket kits? you may find its cheaper for a start!

...Oh and welcome along :)

As stated above, best option for all your needs is to replace with an aftermarket jobby. You will need a fitting kit, wiring harness to keep the stalk controls, and obviously a headunit, double din being the best option.

If that is the same shape as your headunit, then it should just be a plug and play. Do some research on the radio first, ask around for feedback on ppl who have used one.its an expensive thing to be swapping, so getting it right first time will save money and hassle. Just done mine, and in total, it cost over £300. So its worth being 100% certain on your choice.

Have a look through my post from a while back, think it was called 'aftermarket headunit' there is a link in there to the unit I bought. Its a jvc something or other lol. Can't remember the model number. Only thing it doesn't have is sat nav, and dab, but I wasn't interested in these.

I've fitted loads of aftermarket stereos before, just wanna keep it looking original with all the features I'm after :)

Well your 06 will have the rectangular shape stereo rather than that one you linked yeah? It would be straight swap but you'll either need to change your fascia to one from a Mk2.5 facelift (08-11 model).

I've always liked the look of the one I've linked below, in terms of keeping it as OEM looking as possible. Has everything but DAB really. I've just grabbed the first link by the way to give you an idea, if interested you might wanna go digging for the best value option. And as mentioned above, first hand reviews would be great if you could find anybody.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-DVD-GPS-Sat-Nav-For-Ford-Focus-Galaxy-Fiesta-S-Max-C-Max-Fusion-Transit-/221151469560?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item337da79ff8

If you're considering fitting the genuine Ford Denso Sat Nav unit, good luck! It's a massive job, complete dash-out job to install the required loom etc. Not to mention the difficulty and expense of trying to source all the parts!

Cheers looks good or tho not too sure about the quality of un branded stereos. If I have to modify it that much I don't think I will bother with the denso unit!

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/98007-retro-fit-denso-sat-nav-project-now-finished-with-pics/page__hl__%2Bdenso+%2Bretro+%2Bfit

Bit of bed-time reading for you...a project/guide thread from the ST Owners Club forum of a guy who did a complete retro-fit Denso install. Impressive work to say the least!

I know what you're sayin about unbranded stuff too, always feels a risk, and a potentially costly one!

Imho I wouldn't bother with Dab.

It's old tech that was never operated to it's maximum potential.

Quickest way to add Dab is a Pure Highway unit connected to an aux input.

The way I do it is with an internet radio site through my phone, full access to all UK FM channels and apart from the occasional buffering pause it's all good.

Sound quality is good enough for me(and I'm pretty fussy about that sort of thing).

Just waiting for 4G to finally come to anywhere south of Bristol and using my Mi-Fi and then the sound quality will be even better.

Personal choices of course.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club