Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta questions

ladycom

Hi

Just got a new Fiesta Zetec and the manual is not clear on a couple of points:-

1 - Does the audio system have a keycode? The salesman in the dealership reckons it doesn't but he didn't seem to know much about the new model.

2 - The manual mentions it is possible to reprogram the key fob so that pressing the unlock button once only unlocks the drivers door - but doesn't say how... Anyone got the answer? The book says to ask the dealer, but based on the salesman's knowledge I thought I'd ask here first!

Finally, has anyone managed to get a better deal on the new model? I managed to haggle the price to £9695 cash for a 1.25 Zetec 3 door petrol with bluetooth/voice control and metallic paint. I think I did quite well as the first chap in the dealership was asking over £11k :P

Hi

1 - Does the audio system have a keycode? The salesman in the dealership reckons it doesn't but he didn't seem to know much about the new model.

2 - The manual mentions it is possible to reprogram the key fob so that pressing the unlock button once only unlocks the drivers door - but doesn't say how... Anyone got the answer? The book says to ask the dealer, but based on the salesman's knowledge I thought I'd ask here first!

Finally, has anyone managed to get a better deal on the new model? I managed to haggle the price to £9695 cash for a 1.25 Zetec 3 door petrol with bluetooth/voice control and metallic paint. I think I did quite well as the first chap in the dealership was asking over £11k :P

The key may have to be programmed at the dealers.

I paid £11,000 for a 1.4 Titanium, dress up kit, metallic and tech pack as per sig.

Hi

good morning ladycom, i had to disconnect the battery on my car for a short time (about 2 hours)when i reconnected it the audio system worked fine, so no you do not need a code. as for price i paid £9838 for a 5 door zetec in metallic vision with bluetooth (i don't think i will ever use, bit of a techno dunce). sorry i have no idea about reprograming the key.

60+

Hi

just got a 1.6 tdci titanium 3 door hot magenta for 10694

Hi

hello again, don't know if you're willing to try this, but, when i collected my car it had the previous models handbook in the glove box instead of the current one, any way after i replied to your post i decided to have a look through it, and it gives the following advice on how to re-programme the unlocking function,(page 28), so , in order to re-programme the function, press and hold the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds with the ignition switched off. the direction indicators will flash twice to indicate that the unlocking function has been successfully re-programmed. pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds again will change the function back. i just have tried this on my car and it does work, both ways.

60+

hello again, don't know if you're willing to try this, but, when i collected my car it had the previous models handbook in the glove box instead of the current one, any way after i replied to your post i decided to have a look through it, and it gives the following advice on how to re-programme the unlocking function,(page 28), so , in order to re-programme the function, press and hold the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds with the ignition switched off. the direction indicators will flash twice to indicate that the unlocking function has been successfully re-programmed. pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds again will change the function back. i just have tried this on my car and it does work, both ways.

60+

60+, thanks for this, been looking for info how to change lock mode. Works fine on mine too.

Ray

60+, thanks for this, been looking for info how to change lock mode. Works fine on mine too.

Ray

oooops, forgot a bit, once you have re-programmed the unlocking function pressing the unlock button once on your keyfob deactivates the central locking or double locking, disarms the anti-theft alarm system and unlocks the drivers door. Pressing the unlock button twice within three seconds also unlocks the other doors. Hope you don't get offended, i'm sure you figured this out for yourself , but some might not have. any way glad to have been of help happy motoring.

60+

Thanks for all your replies. I reprogrammed my central locking (on a 3-door) without problem. No idea why they took it out of the manual...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club