Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Tdci Feels Sluggish

Robbs172

Hi all

New member here so apologies if this topic has been covered before!

I've recently purchased a 2011 zetec s - TDCI having upgraded from the previous equivalent mk7.

The first thing that I've noticed is that it seems to be slower off the mark through 1st & 2nd gears. I don't know wether I'm just adjusting to it or if its cause it seems a bigger heavier car.

Secondly the MPG doesn't seem as high as my old car. I know we've had some cold weather of late and this can affect but I'm struggling to reach 49+ MPG whereas I used to get 55+ easily.

I assumed that being the same engine size but being more economical as the insurance & tax are lower that I would have better fuel consumption.

Has anyone else found this having upgraded from the earlier model?

Thanks in advance

Robbs

Was it the 90PS (pre-March 2010) version you had before? You've now got the 95PS with DPF version which is very sluggish due to the restrictions a DPF places on the system. There was also a firmware update for the PCM which solved some issues.

It's whether you can convince your dealer to do it for you without charging...

Yes I had a 2005 previously. I'm sorry but I don't know what DPF or PCM stands for! I'm just wondering why it seems slower & the MPG not as good.

How do I go about asking the dealer to update the firmware?

Dpf is a deisel particulate filter its a filter in exhaust which stop all the soot from your engine making you exhaust smoke black when you boot it. PCM is the control module for the car. As for the low mpg mine does 49mpg never much higher than 52mpg but I have a lead foot most others get 55-65mpg

I've been driving ridiculously slow to try and get it up but still not getting as much as 50mpg. Have booked it into Evans Halshaw for a check up next week

Slow won't do much, diesels come into their own on motorways, need to be doing around the 60 mark for the best mpg.

I say slow I don't mean heavy footed. And do quite a bit of bypass road driving so 40-50 in 5th

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club