Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Self Diagnostics (Gauge Sweep Etc)

k13r4n

Ok guys how on earth do you do it my mate did it on his fiesta metal with ease but I have no clue obv only tell me if appropriate on here as I'm not sure if it will be

1. On Trip computer hold trip reset button in , keep holding and turn IGN to position 2 , keep holding until Test comes up , approx 10 seconds

Being totally thick here pree my car is push button start so how do I do it then ?

goto the trip reset , press and hold as if to reset keep holding , press the start button but do not put your foot on the clutch , keep holding until gauge test comes up , then you can scroll through :)

Cool cheers pree got it working many thanks ;-)

Cool cheers pree got it working many thanks ;-)

It had my head scratching the first tiem i tried it , it's also the same on the Mk3 as well

It had my head scratching the first tiem i tried it , it's also the same on the Mk3 as well

cool I shall remember that too

Im glad that they kept this one feature through the range to be honest, its a fantastic function! I think Ford did it to make the owners worry when they get a DTC, so that they rush the car to the dealers :P but they probably didnt think about us lot on this forum abusing it and sharing the answers and eating their commission :P

I like the fact i can put the display to read out Digital Speed and drive the car with it reading out lol

Is there a way to do the gauge sweep on start up or is that verging into elm config

Don't think there is , only via the actual test mode , ELMConfig does not do this either.

• 3 weeks later...
  1. On Trip computer hold trip reset button in , keep holding and turn IGN to position 2 , keep holding until Test comes up , approx 10 seconds

am i doing something wrong here? when i try it test shows then it goes strieght to showing my milage.

should i be doing anything else before this happens?

cheers guys, billybob66 ^_^

• 1 month later...

still getting same thing :(

please help a thicko. :D :D

billybob66, ;)

put key in ignition dont turn it hold in trip reset on the end of the stalk and keep it held in turn ignition to 2 and keep the button held in within a few secs you shall get a beep youre now in test mode and can start the car