Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Mk2 Aux Connection

ukphillad

Hey Guys,

Been a long time since I posted something on the Focus forum, but been real busy with college and all, and the car was running like a wee princess. However recently I started to wonder whether it would be possible to somehow add an AUX connection to my 6000CD system. The system itself has a fully functioning button for the AUX which automatically changes the output channel to AUX, however there is no factory AUX connection and there is no way to plug in the iPod or other MP3 players. My question is whether anyone knows (or has already done) this sort of modification ? And if so, how can I go about doing so and if it's possible at all!

Cheers lads!

Are you sure there isn't one in the top left of the glove box ? If not I'm sure you can retro fit them. So someone who has done this may be able to provide a starting point for you.

You have two options, either you fit the factory standard aux connector or an aftermarket one like I have-

Factory standard-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=180986267476

This involves drilling a hole into the position provided for it in the glovebox liner and some people have had problems with the contacts not lining up properly resulting in the thing not working properly.

What I use-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=300471701053

I have the plug coming out of the ashtray area but before fitting an ashtray I had the cable poking out from behind the demister switch panel, it was the ideal position to plug into an iPod controller in my lighter socket.

Just did this last week. You only need to buy the 3.5mm stereo dock from the dealer (costed ~15euros). Then take your glovebox out, all the wiring is allready there. There is 2 red sockets taped to the wiring harness near the glovebox lap. One is for Passenger airbag of (the one whit only 1 row of connectors) and the AUX-IN connecter (that has 2 rows). Just plug it in.

The lining os problematic, the cable lenght on the aux-in is ridicilous, 10cm or something like that. Thats why i left the connector behind the glovebox, and ended up bringing the 3.5mm stereo cable trough the glovebox lamp hole.

Realy easy, and quick. I did it on the dealers parking lot, while smoked 1 cigaret... :)

Just did this last week. You only need to buy the 3.5mm stereo dock from the dealer (costed ~15euros). Then take your glovebox out, all the wiring is allready there. There is 2 red sockets taped to the wiring harness near the glovebox lap. One is for Passenger airbag of (the one whit only 1 row of connectors) and the AUX-IN connecter (that has 2 rows). Just plug it in.

You're very lucky. Some focus's have the wiring already there behind the glovebox, but others (like mine) didn't. I had to take the radio out and plug in a cable at the back.

You're very lucky. Some focus's have the wiring already there behind the glovebox, but others (like mine) didn't. I had to take the radio out and plug in a cable at the back.

:/ The guy needed confirmation from the workshop chieff according to what part i need, and the big guy told that its pretty much that if you have the AUX button, the wiring is there...

Pretty hard to imagine the wiring not be in there, atleast in my car, the wiring came from wrist-thick main wiring harness. But, the connector was pain in the !Removed! to find. First one that you spot is the the one whit longer wire that is for the airbag, after taking a closer look at the main harness, i spotted one smaller harnes coming out of it, that was immediately bendet close to the main harness, and covered whit electrical tape. So i needed to "peal off" about 10cm of electric tape in order to find the connector... :)

Most do not have the cable already there.

I had the aux button and definitely no cable.

The presence of the cable is pretty much hit and miss.

Only way to be sure is to pull the radio forward, if there's only one c block in the bottom of the quadlock connector then there is no hidden cable.

Well posted there.

Of course if you're removing the stereo from a MK2 you need to remove the stereo first using removal keys and the fascia does not need to come off. (similar to removing the Fiesta radio as in this other video)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

this will be my first project, thanks guys

If you need info as to where to get the cable and installation instructions I'll be glad to advise you.

i had a look today for these cables and i found the red/black block.... BUT i didnt find the white cable, what dose this mean? heres a couple of pics if what i found

IMAG1218_zpsc6e9e5a7.jpg

IMAG1221_zps2ed005cd.jpg

IMAG1215_zps5be6286d.jpg

thats an airbag deactivation plug tape that back up you need one of these that plugs in http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/181034626045?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

Righto thanks for that, OK im hopefully goning to get the cable to come out near the arm rest, any of idea how much ford will want for the cable (really want to do it tomorrow :-). )

The cable is usually about £20, you'll find it's generally listed as for a Fiesta/Fusion but is the same for the whole range.

They'll ask for your registration and then say it isn't available for your car, don't give them your reg, just use the finis number.

The Finis (part) number is 1426121.

is the code for the radio the sticker on the radio Manuel? is it 4 digits?

thanks

Yes it should be a four digit number on a rectangular sticker.

If you do it right you shouldn't need to unplug the radio.

Just push the block straight into the quadlock connector.

• Like 1

If you do it right you shouldn't need to unplug the radio.

Just push the block straight into the quadlock connector.

top tip, thanks

Make sure you push the block in straight though as the pins on the radio are very thin.

The easiest way to find if you have the plug is to check the C connector at the radio end. If pins 5 and 11 have wires then you have the plug (make a note of the colours as they will match the plug end). I too found my plug was taped up and hidden just as Cal0s said, but I knew it had to be there as I had checked the radio end.

Im selling the cable if anyone is looking for one

• 1 year later...

The lining os problematic, the cable lenght on the aux-in is ridicilous, 10cm or something like that. Thats why i left the connector behind the glovebox, and ended up bringing the 3.5mm stereo cable trough the glovebox lamp hole.

Realy easy, and quick. I did it on the dealers parking lot, while smoked 1 cigaret... http://static.autoclubhub.com/ipb/forums/3.3.4/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

Hello i wanted to add aux to my car as the radio has the aux button so i took my glove box out and noticed that it has the wires use were talking about in this post i just need the aux connector, did u get yours in a ford dealership? What did you say when you wanted to order it? Do you have an item number?

Make sure you have the right cable first.

The red plug with 6 pins is for the airbag switch, the aux plug has 4 pins as I mention in the other current post.

Part number to follow in the morning.