Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Mk2 Aux Connection

ukphillad

id like to have an aux fitted as i rarely listen to cd's but all this in confusing for someone who knows buggar all about electrics :( dont/cant ford fit it for you?

Ford could fit it but would charge an hours labour at least.

An independent garage would fit it for far less and probably quicker too.

In truth the Ford supplied aux cable/socket is rubbish as the design lends itself too readily to crossed circuits.

Better off buying a cable off eBay with a 3.5mm stereo plug on the end and have it coming out behind a dash panel somewhere.

The standard glovebox position for the socket is dumb too in my opinion.

Far better placement would be centre console or somewhere like that.

Buy this cable-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-6000-CAR-RADIO-CD-AUX-IN-CABLE-FOR-MP3-iPOD-iPHONE-ADAPTOR-LEAD-FREE-KEYS-/111073760765?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item19dc8315fd

And just pull the radio forward using the keys provided.

post-28494-0-65183300-1402291366_thumb.j

There is no need to remove the radio fully from the car or disconnect the wiring thus avoiding losing the radio code and locking it out.

The 'C' block connector simply plugs into a spare socket on the radio connector (Quadlock) and locks in place.

post-28494-0-57257100-1402291096_thumb.j

You can then run the wire wherever you want to.

I used to have one like linked above fitted and I removed the radio, unscrewed the radio fascia and then loosened the screws holding the demister switch panel so I could slip the cable down behind it and leave the cable dangling into the dash cubbyhole area.

i was thinking the perfect place for an aux would be one of my space blanking plates, only have rear demister. but WHYY have an aux button on stereo but dont just fit them to cars standard????lol

ordered the cable off the link posted here, so its just a matter of pulling the radio out a bit in order to plug the cable in then feeding the wire where ever? does the radio how to be pulled out much?

Pull the radio out far enough to gain access to the connector.

You may find you'll have to unplug the aerial cable to give more length to drop the radio out further, just don't forget to re-attach it after (easily forgotten).

right so my plug n aux came earlier, with 4 keys , do the keys have to go in a certain way as one side is curved?

The curved part faces inwards.

Insert the bottom ones first until they lock and then the top ones.

The keys will hook into tabs on the locking claws.

Pull the keys outwards on one side and then the other.

You may find that pushing the face of the radio helps the claws to unhook more easily.

The keys will be locked in place until you flip the small catches they engage with once the radio is pulled forward.

thankyou, fingers crossed i can get it out n fit my aux cable :)

yeh so after 2 attempts i failed, the right side started to come out but the left side was stuck like poo to a blanket, i'll either get somebody to fit it for me or buy one of those little receivers you can connect to phone n "tune" my radio to the frequency lol

On the side that's stuck, put a long screw driver through the hoops and pull the screwdriver rather than the hooks as the load will be spread more evenly it may come out.

Good luck :)

not had chance to try this again, why cant ford make it simple, when i took the stereo out of my old corsa 2 teaspoons was enough to get that out haha

You can get a Focus radio out with steak knives.

wouldn't i need 4 knifes though haha. i'll try again wednesday/thursday when im off, im just worried im going to fuff it up haha

• 2 weeks later...

Done :-D just need to get the dremmel out to make it sit better in blanking thingy

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

post-55021-14040320099_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Part numbers posted on the other topic.

Which topic are the part numbers posted in as I only need the aux socket as I have the 4 pin plug behind the glove box

The aux socket alone is part (finis) number 1365708 and is about £6.

post-28494-0-05855300-1404851780.jpg

Thanks ever so much down to the ford parts counter tomorrow for me

Make sure you don't clip the two parts of the socket together before they are in their final position as they are a beggar to separate.

If you do accidentally do so I can show you how to split them without breaking them.

Sent from my S5

Unlucky for me they came in the box clipped together any tips to split it before I fit

Http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Fiesta-Focus-Mondeo-Brand-New-Car-Aux-in-Adapter-Cable-/151303281923?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233a60dd03&vxp=mtr

has anybody used this? Seems like the same as the jack plug version but with a socket instead. Would look ok installed in a blanking plate I would have thought. Its from hong Kong though

Wouldn't be too difficult to snip the male end of a 'normal' lead and solder on a socket in its place ;-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club