Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Titanium - Have I Got Keyless Entry?

Janna

I've just bought a 2009 Fiesta Titanium but it didn't come with any spec details at all. It has push button start but doesn't appear to have keyless entry (it doesn't open when I get near it). I've looked up the car on ETIS and the spec quotes... Key Free System... Keyless Entry/Start - Passive.

It also has the black rectangles on each door (colour coded in the back doors) which I understood meant Keyless Entry was fitted afterall?

I took it to my local Ford dealer who didn't have time to look at it but said the rectangles meant Keyless Entry was fitted and I would need to pay £90 to have the Keys programmed. So I have two questions...

1- Am I correct in thinking it probably is fitted?

2- Is there any way I can program the remotes myself? I've done this on previous cars but it always involved turning the key in the ignition which I can't do with keyless start.

I've tried to attach a picture of the door handle. Please excuse the quality, it was taken in the dark! The rectangle is actually black, not white as it appears and the photo seems to have uploaded back to front!

Thanks in advance.

post-40326-0-79894000-1359238318_thumb.j

if you have the rectangles on the doors then you have keyless entry , if the keys were not programmed then you would not be able to get into your car via remote and start the car , i would say there is a fault with the keyless entry.

Check no fuses have blown

If the push button starts the engine, then it should also be able to unlock the door by pressing the button on the door. One wont work without the other

I think the central locking just needs reprogramming.

Either that or the battery has gone in the fob.

The transponder will still activate the ignition but probably not work the locking mechanism.

Thank you so much for all your help. It's working! I may sound daft here but, although I knew how to lock it, I didn't realise I had to press the little black button to open the car, just thought I had I pull the handle!!

In fact I've looked all over the Internet and it doesn't mention it anywhere (I don't have the manual so can't check there).

I actually prefer this though as it means I can be certain it's locked by pulling the handle without accidentally opening the car again.

Cheers for your advice.

On the two Ford Focus i have had with Keyless entry , all i have had to do is pull the handle to open the door , locking i would press the little button twice to double lock , you then have 3 seconds to pull test the door is locked , maybe it's slightly different on the Fiesta where you have to press the button to un-lock.

My Mk3 Focus as soon as i put my hand near to the door handle it un-locks.