Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Car Poppy's

DanGersFord

Hi all, I'd like to just bring to peoples attention the work that the Royal British legion do to support this countries armed forces by providing practical care, advice and support not only to serving members of the forces but also veterens and their families. I know this is not directly ford related so I appologise but I have a lot of family who have been/are still in the forces and I think it would be great to try and help to raise awareness and abit of money for a good cause. The link I'm about to post is for Poppy air fresheners or plastic Poppy's that attach usually to you car bumper. Please show your support for this great countries servicemen and women by purchasing one or the other or both :) http://www.poppyshop...or-the-car.html

Any chance of getting this pinned please? :)

Cheers muchly :) didnt you used to be in the forces? :)

Yep, 9 years as it happens.

Used to throw myself out of perfectly servicable aircraft for a living.

Certainly took off in more planes than i landed in.:D

Certainly took off in more planes than i landed in.:D

Lol id love to do a parachute jump at some point this year. My Grans got diabetes so im probably gona try and raise abit of money for a diabetes charity

It's great fun,you get nervous doing the first one but as soon as you land you want to go right back up again.

Ive been wantin to do it for ages. I nearly ended up joining the RAF but decided against it and got my gas ticket instead

Strange really, i was going to become a plumber and joined the RAF instead :D.

Couldn't get a sponsor for my apprenticeship.

Lol plumbers and gas engineers arent the same thing although the jobs do cross at certain points :) basically a gas engineer can do both but a plumber can only do plumbing lol even if they get their gas card they pnly know to fit a boiler and thats about it in general lol. I was quite lucky my ex gfs neighbour was a gas engineer so I was out working with him every weekend and school holiday since I was 14 and then went on to do my apprenticeship with him before moving back up to Scotland

Certainly took off in more planes than i landed in. :D

lol. Certainly brought a smile to my face!

Poppy Appeal is one I am always happy to cough up for!

Its one of the few charities I bother with

I finally found purple poppy's this year for animals injured and killed during wars :P

I finally found purple poppy's this year for animals injured and killed during wars :P

Different lol hadnt actually heard of those :lol:

Yeah a lot haven't unfortunately, nobody thinks of the animals that died >.<

• 3 weeks later...