Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Vin

Newbie2013

Hi everyone!

Basically just bought a 2010 ford fiesta mk8 but I'm now slightly worried as it hasn't got a vin number on the dashboard? Is this normal for a fiesta?

Please help.

Thank you

Are you sure? The vin isn't visible on the inside. When standing in front of the car it should be visible at the bottom of the windscreen, near where you put the tax disc.

A 2010 is a mk7 btw.

It could simply be he windscreen has been changed in the past. If you check the owners manual I'm sure there will be another vin plate you can check. Possibly in the boot or under the bonnet.

It is also in the drivers footwell on the right hand side. You should find part of the carpet has been pre-cut and you can peel it back.

Is it under the passenger carpet?

And also I thought it would be on the dashboard? So it's on the actual windscreen instead?

Tanks for the help

It's under the drivers carpet or at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side.

The vin will be riveted onto the dash and usually has a small clear slot on the windscreen surround that's visible and as stated also under the carpet in the car stamped into the frame.

If you can't find it anywhere you're best off contacting DVLA to check the car's identity.

By law the car must have a vin visible on the car.

There should also be a plate in the engine bay with the vin stamped on.

The vin will be riveted onto the dash and usually has a small clear slot on the windscreen surround that's visible and as stated also under the carpet in the car stamped into the frame.

If you can't find it anywhere you're best off contacting DVLA to check the car's identity.

By law the car must have a vin visible on the car.

There should also be a plate in the engine bay with the vin stamped on.

Thanks I've found the slot.

Thanks everyone