Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andy's Focus Zetec

Andy H Dibley

Rather than hijacking everyone elses thread, I guess I should start my own...

Bought this last year in March after going through a bad patch on cars. Had a black Mondeo that let in water like a sieve, sadly didn't let it out in the same fashion, just rotted the floor through. Then had a Ford Cougar that loved blowing the electrics up with a dodgy alternator.

After a bit of chin scratching and a mate next door at work turning up with a 10 plate Titanium, I club some savings together a got an '08 Zetec in Vision blue. Took a bit of searching to find my exact spec, I wanted the climate for the heated screens and the bluetooth. As it turns out an 08 plate with bluetooth wasn't common.

523458_10150716573728308_1739933863_n.jpg

562220_10150716572208308_1765661759_n.jpg

The day I got her -Took her to the local dogging spot for some photos!

Hadn't really done much to her since then till now due to money issues and buying a second car. The end of last year before Christmas saw me hitting a deer, which wrecked the air con condensor, radiator, grill and bits.

Then getting back on here I've ended up spending far too many ways to lessen my back balance. I had always said I'd do some modding, but not for a year or too.

Anyway, to date:

- Zetec S Lower grill, even though I only just replaced the standard Zetec one.

- ST Upper grill - took on the daring bonnet lock and seem to have won.

- Clear fog light - Just waiting on my Cree bulb to get under there and fit it.

- Wind deflectors

- Mist jets

- FOC Stickers

- Pistonhead stickers!

Things on order or for the future:

- Colour coded front lip

- Gloss or Colour coded fog surrounds

- Rear windows tinted

- ST or the really nice Zetec alloys

- Bonnet struts

- Working on getting the skirts and bumper lips, but still not 100%

Car as it is now (no real difference apart from the front) and it being dirty :(

321437_10151389221663308_914563730_n.jpg

603058_10151389221193308_201850494_n.jpg

486022_10151389221048308_805176743_n.jpg

536957_10151389219208308_877634776_n.jpg

734612_10151389219638308_2122189246_n.jpg

Only thing that concerns me at the moment is the fuel consumption. Allowing for the cold weather I can understand it decreases some what. But at the minute I can't really get any better than 28 MPG. Which is meaning I'm filling up at about 340-350 miles. Compared to last year during the summer I was getting around 420 miles to a tank. Should I investigate, or is this farily normal for a 1.8 petrol? My commute is pretty rubbish I must admit.

I too have a 2008 Zetec 1.8 & I'm getting ~30MPG so in the same ballpark as your 28MPG.

I've come from a (bigger & heavier) Toyota Avensis 2.2 TD estate which did ~42-45 MPG.

Imo where the Focus really suffers by comparison is on motorways, the Focus has 1 less forward gear & those are obviously geared more for around town - the Avensis would get 55MPG at a true 70MPH where the Focus is in the low 30s at that speed.

Lookin good mate

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had with your motors

I too have a 2008 Zetec 1.8 & I'm getting ~30MPG so in the same ballpark as your 28MPG.

I've come from a (bigger & heavier) Toyota Avensis 2.2 TD estate which did ~42-45 MPG.

Imo where the Focus really suffers by comparison is on motorways, the Focus has 1 less forward gear & those are obviously geared more for around town - the Avensis would get 55MPG at a true 70MPH where the Focus is in the low 30s at that speed.

Cheers for that! I really should check out my sisters comp, exactly the same as mine except hers is black and a year younger. She also has virtually the same commute as me!

Lookin good mate

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had with your motors

Cheers fella! Really makes you appreciate a nice car when you can get in it and it either isn't damp or it starts on the button.

Was a shame about the Cougar. Had wanted one for ages, finally could get a reasonable quote and one which was mint condition. Also had a lovely exhaust on it. That was definitely a heart over head purchase. But still sold it for £100 more than I bought it. Guy knew about the faults and happy to do the work.

Looks great mate,

Hope you weren't out dogging spot looking for a cougar when you hit the vixen lol

A few things you could try on fuel consumption is:

Put some magic bullet or redex fuel cleaner in to the tank to clean the jets etc.

Upgrade induction filter to green performance. See my guide.

It will allow for better air/fuel mix so better combustion and increase in fuel consumption.

Upgrade induction filter to green performance. See my guide.

there isn't a Green Cotton filter listed for the 125BHP 1.8 petrol, there is a Pipercross though.

there isn't a Green Cotton filter listed for the 125BHP 1.8 petrol, there is a Pipercross though.

To be honest the foam filters are not as good as cotton ones.

If you contact Ross on my guide link, he will provide you with one for your 1.8 petrol.

But if you dont want a Green then K&N would be the next best cotton filter.

Hi Lenny,

I did see your guide on the filter. Will be something to look at after the service I have coming up in a couple of weeks. Was going to buy one, but if I fitted it, no doubt some numpty of a service engineer would come along and throw it in the bin!

My sister has just checked her average fuel and shes running 31.6mpg. I know its not an exact science, but I am really noticing it on a weekly basis of the fuel light coming on hitting 300 miles on the trip. Bugs me a little, especially at the price its costing to fill up. After all, this is meant to be my sensible car and offset the V8 i'm running!

Got my Cree bulbs ordered today, so those hopefully will be installed at the weekend with the new light, will also give her a thorough wash and wax, get rid of some of the road salt.

nice motor looks really clean...might be being thick here but did foc decals come of here.

also fancying some cree bulbs

nice motor looks really clean...might be being thick here but did foc decals come of here.

Yes the foc decals are sent out to you when you choose to become a supporting member of the forum,

Now I can comment on your car! Lol :-)

Looking good Andy !

Yeah, just bung the admin some cash and they get sent out. I know it was a bit tight me getting mine just before Ford Fair last year. Got 'em fitted in time though! I might have ballsed up my order on eBay, I seem to have been charged twice for the Fog light, so will have to see what turns up.

Now I can comment on your car! Lol :-)

Looking good Andy !

Cheers Chris! Just trying to find out how much my local body shop want to paint some parts. Have you gone with colour coding your fogs or just glossing them?

Had to fill up last night, normally give it till about 30 to go before I do but thought sod it, I'll fill up and reset all the clocks.

I did a small 40 mile journey last night combining motorway and A roads, then did my commute this morning. Drove like a saint, apart from the motorway where I was cruising at about 65-70 in the inside lane, the revs never went above 2.5k. I hate driving like this but just proving a point I managed to get this....

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm162/andydpics/D1F2761A-53A9-4341-A204-8A2FE92C0E5C-36217-000004736854722F.jpg

I also think it might be due to the increase in temperature, slightly. But I'll keep it up for the rest of the tank and see how I go. Go to admit though it does feel like the only fault with my car is me and my heavy right foot!

Yer I'm colour coding my fogs and bonnet lip! Hopefully it looks good! I'm not doing the grills. I'm getting around what your getting on the mpg!

Are you changing them at all?

I do like the ST upper a lot. Definitely works better with the ZŠ lower grill. I did brick it a bit when swapping the top grill. The rumours about the lock not working again made me really careful pulling the old one off. In the process I broke a few slats so I kinda had no going back really!

I am getting a ST front bumper so I will be getting ST grills.

Hopefully soon but may not be till a month or too yet.

Yer your grills defo look better!

Yeah, just bung the admin some cash and they get sent out. I know it was a bit tight me getting mine just before Ford Fair last year. Got 'em fitted in time though! I might have ballsed up my order on eBay, I seem to have been charged twice for the Fog light, so will have to see what turns up.

Cheers Chris! Just trying to find out how much my local body shop want to paint some parts. Have you gone with colour coding your fogs or just glossing them?

Who's an admin lol wanna give ya some wonga

I really could do with the foc stickers b4 I put tints on

Car looks really tidy mate

N that blue just sets it off

Cheers fella! Really liking your colour!

I think Mark M.K. is the one to talk to, or follow the 'Supporter' link at the top. Think its via the Shop button.

My Cree bulbs turned up today, have fitted them already, but waiting till the weekend (or tonight if I get bored) to fitted the second reverse lamp.

I got mine through eBay on the Alltronix page. However, they sent me through the invoice which offers a 5% discount when quoting 'Alltronix' at the check out on their site, www.alltronix.co.uk

NOTE: I don't work for them, just recommend them for their speedy turn around of my order!

Cheers fella! Really liking your colour!

I think Mark M.K. is the one to talk to, or follow the 'Supporter' link at the top. Think its via the Shop button.

Thanks dude I will deffo try

My Cree bulbs turned up today, have fitted them already, but waiting till the weekend (or tonight if I get bored) to fitted the second reverse lamp.

I got mine through eBay on the Alltronix page. However, they sent me through the invoice which offers a 5% discount when quoting 'Alltronix' at the check out on their site, www.alltronix.co.uk

NOTE: I don't work for them, just recommend them for their speedy turn around of my order!

I got a cree reverse on mine

But wanted to do the other side

How hard is it?

I got a cree reverse on mine

But wanted to do the other side

How hard is it?

very easy mate

was one of the first mods i did

have you seen lenny's guide?

nice car, lovely blue, thinking of doing some similar mods to you

regards to the mpg im getting the same doing roughly 200 miles a week on motorway, aint got above 39 mpg yet :(