Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Peeves

DanGersFord

I have a number of pet peeves dependant on where I am and what i'm driving, middle lane huggers doing 45-50mph on the motorway, don't they know that anything over 7.5 tonne isn't allowed in the fast lane, private hire taxi's, they think they own the road and most of the car parks at the local supermarkets, cashpoint cripples, those idiots that think it's ok to leave their car in the disabled spots while they go to the cash point, cyclists with no road sense, other drivers with no lane discipline, white van driver who has no idea that that little stalk beside the steering wheel puts the flashing yellow lights on, that are standard equipment on all vehicles.

But my biggest peeve, the mobile phone user, those individuals that are so stupid to think they won't get caught eventually, when for £15-20 they can get a Bluetooth headset and at least be somewhat legal

I agree strongly, basically I dislike 90% of other drivers as they all seem ignorant/crass/stupid.

Ive got to be honest it annoys me when I see people driving round with earphones in. What happens if someone presses a horn to warn them ie because they're reversing too close to your car and they're going to hit you and you press your horn and cause they've got their ear phones in they dont hear you and boomf insurance claim! Lol and people that double park on busy streets!

Headphones in my consideration equals driving without due care.

Double parking on kerbs is a particular niggle of mine, no wonder there's so many people making claims for tripping on broken kerbs/pavements

And people that park on the opposite side of the road to a Line of parked cars so that you have to slow right down to squeeze through! What happens if a fire engine comes and needs to get through!

OOH, don't get me started.

• Like 1

And people that park on the opposite side of the road to a Line of parked cars so that you have to slow right down to squeeze through! What happens if a fire engine comes and needs to get through!

They'd ram the vehicles out of the way, and all be charged with causing an obstruction :P

• Like 1

Fire engines should come fitted with battering rams to do this haha that'd teach them

Fire crews usually carry car skates to enable then to move parked vehicles out of the way in an emergency.

Not fun if they use them on hills ;)

Personally I reckon there should be a fourth emergency service which you phone if you see a Vauxhall to get it impounded and crushed lol

• Like 1

I agree strongly, basically I dislike 90% of other drivers as they all seem ignorant/crass/stupid.

My father once told me just after I passed my test way back in 1977 to "Treat all other drivers as idiots and you can't go wrong", it's something I've passed onto both of my kids that I helped teach to drive.

But the worst of the worst are the foreign drivers, those idiots that bring their LHD cars to this country and haven't got a clue about our highway code

Same advice I got from my dad.

We all do something dumb at times, we're just generally lucky enough to get away with it.

Another of my pet peeves has just come to mind, and I know clive will agree they're illegal as well, and that's the idiots that change the spacing on their number plates to spell a word or name, or use silly fonts that the ANPR can't read.

Then there's the boy racers with a 1.0 polo and a big bore exhaust, all noise and no guts, they make me laugh

People who alter their plates are just drawing attention.

I pulled one a while back where he had strategically positioned coloured plate screws.

Driver reckoned someone had done it as a prank and he knew nothing about it, pity the alteration spelled his initials exactly! Strange that.

They must think we came down in the last shower, excuses are like butt holes- everyone has one. :d

Another peeve I have, scrotes that walk along playing music on their phones - er there's an invention called headphones you inconsiderate divs.

Not everyone likes the soulless crap you listen to.

• Like 1

Yet another one.

Speeders!

It's better to arrive five minutes late in this life than early in the next life.

Yet another one.

Speeders!

It's better to arrive five minutes late in this life than early in the next life.

Ah, we're back to private hire taxi drivers again, well it is round here, it seems they only have 2 speeds, flat out and stop

Do taxi drivers even know where their indicators are?

Or balls, seeing they speed off afterwards, only to get caught at the traffic lights and they're there keep looking in the mirror in case you get out to kick them.

Sitting at traffic lights at night, and the car in front sitting with their foot on the brake pedal blinding me with bright red light, drives me daft!

Oh and getting undertaken annoys me too.

Sitting at traffic lights at night, and the car in front sitting with their foot on the brake pedal blinding me with bright red light, drives me daft!

How do you expect people to stay stationary then? Don't say handbrake, that's just for when you park up, and when wanting to attract women only.

Is quite annoying lol, should use the handbrake when you're going to be stationary for a while anyway, or you'll hurt the disks.

I sit with my brake lights lit on purpose if some nugget is behind me with fogs on or they are sitting right up my jacksie.

Only in my own car of course.

In my work car I have many more lights at my disposal and they're far more annoying. ;)

How do you expect people to stay stationary then? Don't say handbrake, that's just for when you park up, and when wanting to attract women only.

Is quite annoying lol, should use the handbrake when you're going to be stationary for a while anyway, or you'll hurt the disks.

Just ride the clutch ;) :lol: you need to change the clutch every few years but you dont annoy other drivers ;) lol

Just ride the clutch ;) :lol: you need to change the clutch every few years but you dont annoy other drivers ;) lol

Not my problem as long as it lasts 3 or so years :P

Lol I ride my clutch a lot anyway bad habit lol

I sit with my brake lights lit on purpose if some nugget is behind me with fogs on or they are sitting right up my jacksie.

Only in my own car of course.

In my work car I have many more lights at my disposal and they're far more annoying. ;)

What about us auto drivers? We have to sit with our brake lights on. I'm not putting it in park each time I stop - plus the quick flash of the reverse lights as the shifter passes through 'R' would surely confuse or even panic some drivers.

A new pet peeve I have is people with damaged, missing or even folded in wing mirrors! How unsafe - I bet a load of money they don't do a full shoulder check every time they should of checked their mirror if was there to check.

A taxi (in service!) tonight pulled away from the kerbside and nearly straight into me as I passed as he had no drivers side wing mirror and didn't shoulder check his blind spots or what was behind/alongside him. :angry:

• Like 2

What about us auto drivers? We have to sit with our brake lights on. I'm not putting it in park each time I stop - plus the quick flash of the reverse lights as the shifter passes through 'R' would surely confuse or even panic some drivers.

A new pet peeve I have is people with damaged, missing or even folded in wing mirrors! How unsafe - I bet a load of money they don't do a full shoulder check every time they should of checked their mirror if was there to check.

A taxi (in service!) tonight pulled away from the kerbside and nearly straight into me as I passed as he had no drivers side wing mirror and didn't shoulder check his blind spots or what was behind/alongside him. :angry:

Driver is driving without due care.

Next time let him hit you then nail his insurance.

Driver is driving without due care.

Next time let him hit you then nail his insurance.

Then in the long term drive everyone elses premium up in the long run! Although if he did happen to hit you sue the butt off him lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club