Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Peeves

DanGersFord

This is why I carry a knife on my keychain :P

I carry a big roll of police tape in my car, I'd wrap the car in that :D

A few "police aware" stickers stuck on her car would have given her food for thought, (Pardon the unintentional pun)

A few "police aware" stickers stuck on her car would have given her food for thought, (Pardon the unintentional pun)

:-o Id love to have a few police aware signs to put out!

One for van drivers who I think should be able to relate to this: you're parked up and reversing out of a parking space and obviously you have limited view of whats behind you so you're pulling out slowly looking behind you as much as you can and some inconsiderate so and so knowibg full well you cant see darts behind you to get past rather than waiting a few more seconds to let you get out

Great thread.

Anything and everything bothers me. I'm short tempered when it comes to driving. Tailgating is my ultimate hate though.

• Like 1

Great thread.

Anything and everything bothers me. I'm short tempered when it comes to driving. Tailgating is my ultimate hate though.

I had one today tailgating me, she nearly sh*t herself when I cogged it down a gear and slowed up without touching the brakes, funnily enough she tended to keep her distance afterwards, (I wonder why)

• Like 1

Dislike all busses, taxis, Audi drivers, Vaux##ll drivers (a given), people that drive too fast/slow, ignorant drivers, Sunday drivers, learner drivers on their first/second/third lesson as they haven't got a clue, tailgaters, undertakers, lane hogs, everyone that thinks that because i look sideways at them at lights i want to race them (I'm looking at you because you're a nob actually mate, not because I'm interested in racing your overmodded shopping trolley), people who think chrome piping on their cars make it look cool (it doesn't for the record), and anyone who breaks the law on the road as it means a shed load of paperwork and the usual cry of " why aren't you catching real criminals instead of pulling me over just to make an easy arrest".

Rant well and truly over.

• Like 1

Great thread.

Cheers :) everyone likes a good moan lol

People who coast at 45 on a motorway, and people who on a roundabout for a motorway who're in the left hand lane, going right around the roundabout... Seriously yesterday I don't know how I didn't wipe a car of Chinese girls off the map, I'd set off to get to motorway speed (around 25 - 30 at the point you hit the on ramp, but if you don't give it some you end up at 50 because it's a decent hill and only very very short), in the second lane because there was 2 wagons in the left lane (both lanes are motorway only) and they're sat in the far left lane in front of the wagons, and just keep going round... Then stare at you with the most dumb expression I've ever seen, it's like yeah I nearly just wiped you off the planet...

People on the fast lane of a Motorway that suddenly decide they want the next exit and cut 2 or 3 lanes and shoot off at a dangerous angle/speed with no concern for others.

Agreed with all the above......apart from anything to do with motorways and traffic lights as I can't comment as we don't have them up here! Apart from temporary lights occasionally at roadworks that is.

What about BMW drivers? Couldn't see any mention of them. :D

Horse riders! Just about anything to do with them annoys me. The way they leave their 'pets' excrement everywhere they go and are under no legal obligation to clear up after them. The walking slowly 2 abreast with a queue of traffic behind them and making no attempt to move out of the way. The way a lot of them seem to look down their noses at all other road users. The way that they seldom acknowledge the fact that you've slowed down and given them as wide a berth as possible to avoid the horse getting spooked.

I have nothing against horses, in fact I'm sure I've eaten my fair share :o :D but in my opinion they belong in fields where they should stay. If they need to get moved from one place to another they should use a horse box!

Rant over and breath!

Hmm ive got to be honest I dont realy mind horses. The reason they're under no legal obligation to clean up their crap is because they're vegetarians so their excrement isnt harmful to people unlike dog muck plus it breaks down alot quicker I was reliably informed by a policeman at a football match! Although I agree I think they should have to carry a poopascoop and pick up the much like dog owners. I can just imagine the police cleaning up their horses muck! That'd get them off their high horse! :lol: pun intended. Put it this may ive got more of a grievance against cyclists than horse riders. Cyclists are wee jobbies that actually enjoy winding up motorists and I see that they are trying to get the law changed so that if there's an accident involving a cyclist and a car its automatically deemed as the drivers fault! I can almost guarantee any accident is due to the cyclist!

Got to agree with cyclists they really do wind me up. Ride on the footpath andnearly kill you or the road where they jump red lights "cause they don't apply" to them, cut you up, ride 2,3,4 abreast so no one can get past then give the finger cause they think you got too close.

• Like 1

Ahh fair do's but white van man is another hate, professional drivers my a**e

i cant remember the last day i havent either been stuck behind a cyclist in the middle of the lane not letting anyone passed, or had a white van man or audi driver touching my rear bumper

Those 'traffic calming' things where you have to give way to cars coming towards you... nothing particularly wrong with them in theory, except when people should give way and think they can just zip through. Nearly had a head on collision this morning with a Transit thinking the give way didn't apply to him... sadly my dash cam somehow corrupted the file so I can't upload the muppetry in action :/

What do you mean suprisingly! Damn right you should be on the cyclists side! lol

That van driver should be locked up.

2 wheels or 4, theres good drivers and bad, and both motorists and cyclists make bad choices at times.

In case you guys didn't see this, check out some of the links to bad drivers caught on dash cams on my dash cam thread....

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36568-you-never-know-when-your-driving-is-being-recorded-dash-cams/?hl= dash cam

What do you mean suprisingly! Damn right you should be on the cyclists side! lol

That van driver should be locked up.

2 wheels or 4, theres good drivers and bad, and both motorists and cyclists make bad choices at times.

In case you guys didn't see this, check out some of the links to bad drivers caught on dash cams on my dash cam thread....

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36568-you-never-know-when-your-driving-is-being-recorded-dash-cams/?hl= dash cam

oh aye dont get me wrong this blokes a nut job n should be locked up. utter joke he just got a caution too, i know it aint the policia fault, its the government making silly rules. so what if he had no previous, he still went n did it this time so he shouldnt be let off. and for how much a nut job he was, i'm guessing this is just normal behavior for him and he's just not been caught before

back to my original post though, when i said surprisingly i wasnt referring to this specific case, no doubt about it theres only the cyclists side to take on this one. i just meant in my general experience on a whole its usually the cyclist being an idiot

oh aye dont get me wrong this blokes a nut job n should be locked up. utter joke he just got a caution too, i know it aint the policia fault, its the government making silly rules. so what if he had no previous, he still went n did it this time so he shouldnt be let off. and for how much a nut job he was, i'm guessing this is just normal behavior for him and he's just not been caught before

back to my original post though, when i said surprisingly i wasnt referring to this specific case, no doubt about it theres only the cyclists side to take on this one. i just meant in my general experience on a whole its usually the cyclist being an idiot

Yeah I know what you mean mate, I was just joking.

I've got to admit I get annoyed with cyclists not having lights at night and not realising how invisible they can be at times, or when they run a red - despite by law they still should be obeying traffic signals too.

On the other hand after watching The Traffic Droid ( https://www.youtube.com/user/SonofthewindsInc/videos ), a London cyclist with bike cams, I'm now alot more understanding to things like when they drive in the middle of the road - turns out the numerous kerb side markings (double yellows / bike lane markings etc) can be slippery to bike tyres in the wet, and drains etc are also a hazard.

Moving to the middle can help stop idiots over taking at "pinch points" like islands or can stop people passing them then turning left and cutting them up etc.

Another pet peeve thats just come to mind... People using hand held devices while driving i.e PHONES.

I have a passion to hate all who text while driving, or hold a phone.

And what is it with people driving around holding their phone while its on loud speaker! That is still illegal! Whether you hold it infront of your chin or up against your ear you're still operating a hand held device while driving, you morons. How expensive is a hands free kit these days. They're peanuts! MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over.

night :)

You should try driving in Cambridge city centre - they are everywhere and a complete law to themselves. And because there are so many, the efforts of the Police to combat no lights etc prove fruitless!

Problem is, if a cyclist pulls across in front of you without looking and you hit them, is it always the driver at fault?

And what about those drivers who set their seat so far back they can hardly see over the steering wheel which they hold with one hand, at the top, and windows down with "music" so loud you can't hear your own stereo.

OMG drive (ride) at a speed suitable to the prevailing traffic conditions.

Just confirms my thoughts really.