Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Peeves

DanGersFord

Speed limits. Yes they are there for our safety but the tinkering they've done with them on some roads lately is ludicrous.

My commute takes me through two villages 3 miles apart. Nice wide road, nothing but fields either side, no pedestrians. Until a couple of years ago was 60 mph all the way between them and you could do it perfectly safely.

Now it's 50 for one mile, down to 40 for another 1/2 mile for no obvious reason, then back to 50, then the 30 limit for the next village now starts half a mile before you reach it!

I hate going down a road that should blatantly be a 40mph ie houses/paths are well back from the road and its a wide road to begin with etc but its a 30mph zone ;(

And flipping traffic lights at round abouts! Grr! Your half way round one and need to slam your brakes on cause the lights are red (yes I know you shouldnt be going to quick round a roundabout but still!)

Maybe check your brake lights are working? :)

Them big red things that light everything up behind me like a Christmas tree? Yep, they do work :P as do them orange flashy things I forget the name of because nobody these days is taught about them.

Emmmmmm staplers? Lmao.

Sounds about right, I now see why I was beeped at, utter confusion at those orange flashy staplers.

No wonder he was beeping you! Lol

Some idiot today driving in front of me not once, not twice but three times approaching roundabouta didnt even look before pulling straight on to them leaving the people he cut up furiously slammibg their brakes on and beeping their horns! Once I could maybe understand everybody misjudges something every so often but 3 flipping Times in the space of 5 mins! #shouldnotbedriving

I sometimes wonder whether or not people are actually using their eyes at all!!

The amount of people who blatantly miss traffic already already on a roundabout is staggering!

I'm not professing to be perfect...far from it, but at least I look where I'm going and who might be on a collision course with me!!

It was one of these OAP's with dirt cheap insurance who should probably have stopped driving a good few years back. I honestly think everyone should have to sit a competency test every 5 years. It actually amazes me that there is people out there who due to their age never even took a test because they were driving before the test came existence. In my work (gas engineer) we need to sit a refresher course over aweek every 5 years and then sit a competency test to get our liscence renewed and iI definately think it should be the same for drivers. There is quite simply people out there who shouldnt be driving and im not on about just older drivers.

I agree!! I have the same thing - most of my tickets expire every 5 years!

Got cut up again by some woman today at a round about :censored: whats wrong with these people

Lane discipline, it does my head in how many drivers out there either don't know what lane they need to be in, or realise at the last second they've got the wrong lane and pull over without looking.

And foreign drivers, don't get me started on them, especially those from the old eastern block countries, they come over here with no idea of our highway code and who knows if they've even got insurance and cause mayhem.

They've even started getting UK registered cars around my neck of the woods, it's so funny to watch them when they get in the passenger side by mistake, having been used to a left hooker

80 year old guys that dig out their flat cap and take 'her indoors' out for a jolly nice drive on a weekend and church on Sunday then promptly stick firmly at 25% below the posted limit no matter what, and also do the 'Christian' thing of letting everyone out of the side junctions even when the main road is toppers with traffic.

They should be made to:

Take a cycle proficiency test (like some of us did in the old days!)

Teach them to watch out for people getting out of cars and leave more space

AND

Make the fitting of wing mirrors compulsory

Saw on the news this morning that the death rate for cyclists had gone up by 10%. I wonder why ? ?

You have to do these things if you want to ride a motor bike and as some of these people today can go quicker on a normal bike than some 'phut phuts', it would sense (my opinion!)

They should be made to:

Take a cycle proficiency test (like some of us did in the old days!)

Teach them to watch out for people getting out of cars and leave more space

AND

Make the fitting of wing mirrors compulsory

Saw on the news this morning that the death rate for cyclists had gone up by 10%. I wonder why ? ?

You have to do these things if you want to ride a motor bike and as some of these people today can go quicker on a normal bike than some 'phut phuts', it would sense (my opinion!)

As well as then being hung drawn and quartered for their treasonous acts on our (the motor vehicle user) roads.

I get so annoyed at people who cant drive to the speed limit on dual carriage ways/motorways. Seriously if you cant drive at 60/70mph on a perfect day/good conditions you shouldnt be driving :@

• 2 weeks later...

Un-insured drivers! it annoys me so much when people don't insure their cars... being 19 I paid £2200 this year to insure my 2009 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Style+ because I want my car to be well looked after and to stay on the right side of the law... but then you see people with no insurance and no intention of getting it when the fines for it seem to be significantly less than what I pay for it.

Also about 2 months ago i was sat at a red light when i was hit from behind by a Corsa who then attempted to drive off round me -_-... dashcam to the rescue, or so i thought until i found out they were uninsured so i was still left to foot the bill...

Un-insured drivers! it annoys me so much when people don't insure their cars... being 19 I paid £2200 this year to insure my 2009 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Style+ because I want my car to be well looked after and to stay on the right side of the law... but then you see people with no insurance and no intention of getting it when the fines for it seem to be significantly less than what I pay for it.

Also about 2 months ago i was sat at a red light when i was hit from behind by a Corsa who then attempted to drive off round me -_-... dashcam to the rescue, or so i thought until i found out they were uninsured so i was still left to foot the bill...

Mitchell

I totally agree with you my son and daughter have both stayed legal and paid over £2k for the first year,only thing to look forward to is the cheaper 2nd year.

Did you report your accident to police? They would normally impound and crush the car for no insurance, even more satisfying if it's a C***a :)

• Like 2

Mitchell

I totally agree with you my son and daughter have both stayed legal and paid over £2k for the first year,only thing to look forward to is the cheaper 2nd year.

Did you report your accident to police? They would normally impound and crush the car for no insurance, even more satisfying if it's a C***a :)

I wish I had but my insurance said that there was no point in pursuing it so i left it, although had i of known this i would have haha

What irritates me most (out of a long, long list) is drivers who go right up your back side when you're going along at 60, then after eventually overtaking you slow down to about 50! I really don't understand the logic there.

The inability to use an indicator correctly (or at all).

Young (23 myself like lol) drivers that just love to fly up your !Removed!

Fed up of customers getting in the car, allowing their kids to put their feet on my seats. I am also sick to death of people feeling the need to empty their handbags out in my car. Or, as of recently leaving chewing gum!

Lastly, scrapes on the interior. I hate hearing the sound of people scraping their feed along my doors because they are too lazy or drunk to properly open a door and exit the car.

Ohh, people who sit in the front and feel the need to spread out on the arm rest and also ones who play with my radio.

But...if you use the indicators, they're no longer new :-P

Know what you mean about passengers!! And that's only friends and family!! My girlfriend was a horror for putting her feet up on my dash to see how muddy they were, and sweet wrappers - reckon the current owner of the Punto is still finding them (despite my best efforts). She also fiddles with the radio, but I'm banned from doing so in hers.

I've almost got her trained...almost...

How come no-one's mentioned middle-lane drivers on the motorway? Or is it just me? The correct lane REGARDLESS of the speed is the left-most available lane. Driving in the middle lane at 60 (or 70, or any speed) is not safe.

Boosh.

I dont mind people being in the middle lane of the motor way and realy dont see the problem AS LONG as they're driving to the speed limit. Middle lane drivers doing 60 in a 70 zone winds me up. I get more amnoyed at people who constantly hog the outer lane though I seen it on my way down to Blackpool this week this van driver was in the outside lane for about 10minutes 5 of which was with police with flashing lights trying to get past