Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything To Look Out For?

rossrr

Hi folks, just baught my self a fiesta mk6 1.25 zetec 07 plate,its.done 52,000, as this is my first fiesa is there anything i should look out for? Thanks in advanced!

Welcome to the forum. Ive got an 03 plate fiesta, had it for 2 years now and ive only had a few problems with it-a couple of oil leaks, the coil pack turned out to be faulty (car was struggling/misfiring when cold and then once it had warmed up it ran fine), and a faulty wheel bearing. Oh and one of my suspension springs snapped just last weekend there mines done 55,000. I payed (£500) for a 3 year warranty from the dealer and everything thats went wrong with it was coverred under the warranty and the warranty has already payed for itself. Maybe worth looking into yourself if you havent already got one? Mines just a base model fiesta not the zetec but theres not a whole lot of difference mainly fascia.

Also look out for your carpets being wet. Theres a know fault to do with the A pillar where there isnt enough sealant to stop water ingress during heavy rain. Ive seen a few people posting about that particular problem although i havent had the problem myself.

welcome to the forum, also note the collection of water within both the drivers door and the passenger door, the holes (on the bottom inside edge of the door can get blocked and hold water) a paper clip can clear these channels,

its easily diagnosed as when the door is open you hear the water sloshing

Hi rossrr

When you check the carpets for water leaks make sure you realy press down hard because mine came in between the trim and bodywork and up through the underlay

I have had my MK 6 for a couple of months now and have had a whole plethora of things which seem normal for Fords in general as well as Fiesta's, the first was a Instrument Cluster which went a bit Pete Tong but just needed unplugging and re inserting, then i had the front spring problem which seems to be common in 2004 Mk6s for some reason, otherwise its been alright till this week when its decided that coolant should leak out overnight and cannot be traced as hard as i try (work in progress), other than that there is the blocked door drainage holes and less of an actual problem but an inconvenience is the IB5 gearbox reverse selection which is a bit picky sometimes and only takes either patience or a pump of the clutch, oh and i have heard that the coil packs are quite soft for going at low ish mileages, and one final check is that the pollen filter is installed correctly as this is a main inlet for water if it isnt and will flood the inside of the car, other than that it is great fun to drive its got fairly responsive handling and likes to go provided that you give it some. Happy Motoring