Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S Max Front Headrests

4018Andy

Hi,

I need to take out both the front headrests to fit a DVD system with new headrests but I can only extend them to their maximum position and even on pushing the side button in they won't budge to take them out. They move and click per normal to the different heights using the side button.The second and third row headrests come out fully no problem.

Looked in the manual and it only shows the second and third rows which come out. does anyone know the trick before I get my angle grinder out!

Thanks

Andy

First, Welcome to the Forum.

You should be able to push the buttons in and pull the headrests out with a bit of a wrestle.

I have looked on some other posts and it mentions there are clips for the front headrests but I can't see anything. I have now pulled the headrest so hard that the actual headrest has come detached from the metal poles so brute force even whilst the button is in doesn't work. Like I said the back headrests pull out fine so there must be a different mechanism for the front 2 headrests.

If someone can try it on theirs and see if they have any luck?!

Cheers

A

Success! On the front headrests there is the button that sticks out on on one side which allows up and down, then on the other side there is a flush button that just looks like a plastic mould. Press this one in when at its maximum height along with the other button and it will come out with ease. If only it said that in the manual!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club