Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 4500 Stereo Problem

baitman

hi there.

my wife has a 2004 ford fiesta and it has a 4500 stereo. it looks like it is in three sections.

there is a problem with the volume control. it took a little bang and now it does not work. it will turn on/turn off, but the rotary volume control seems to not work.

i have checked to see if the button is pushed in too far but it seems ok. you can still feel the button clicking as it is turned, just no change to the volume level.

so then...

is this repairable. can the separate units be easily changed. if this isnt an affordable option is it easy to replace this with another ford unit such as the 6000 size issues?].

many thanks in advance.

Hi does it look like this-

!BnkRCWwBWk~$(KGrHqUOKj0EtlhSw,9pBLk!DqWGww~~_12.JPG

Or this-

$T2eC16JHJF0E9nmFQg18BQ4J1)!80Q~~60_12.JPG

If the first one it's more fiddly as you need fascia adaptors etc, other owners with this model radio will be better for advice.

If it's the second one then you can fit either of these two as a straight swap (all you may have to do for the second one [6006E] is seperate the radio loom plugs as the rear socket layout is different, they just easily unclip from each other)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e76d3c2d7

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5652494cd0

its the first one. is this all one unit, or is it three separate sections that look like one unit?

if getting the original stereo fixed [making the volume button work again] isnt an option it will mean replacing that part of the three units, or replacing the whole lot with another ford stereo if its possible to use one big one to fill the gap left by the three small components???

is this feasible?

The radio is all one piece and offer replacing as a whole unit.

You may be able to get the button fixed but any listings on eBay for repair services will cost more than an eBay replacement tbh.

cheers Stoney.

would you know if there is a simple idiot proof step by step guide to removing the panels to access and remove/replace the stereo.

i take it the easiest option would be to replace like for like. would some other model fit without any fannying around?

Someone with a fiesta of the same year should be able to advise better but I believe the trim around the radio just unclips.

Some have changed their radios but it involves cutting out the bars that give the radio the three piece appearance.

Hi mate. I have exactly the same radio. Mine had exactly the same problem when i bought it just over a year ago. Took it back to the dealer and the they fixed it for me but ended up breaking the heater switches in the process somehow. Anyway, mine has now broken again think its just a common fault with the radio tbh. Some 1 put a link on here a while back of a nice all in 1 player on eBay that you can replace it with. Ill check for the link now.

This is the 1 i was recommended to get.

http://item.mobilewe...Id=170970682483

Im no expert with these things mind, and im in the same position as you mine needs sorting too.

thanks for that.

the original advert says its compatible with the ford connector but its not clear if its a simple fit to replace the ford stereo with this model... ???

Have you tried turning the automatic volume thing off that raises and lowers the volume dependent on environment noise? I reckon that might work otherwise its a pain in the rear trying to get it out, i never understand why ford puts a keycode on this system because for someone to go to the efforts of removing it in the first place deserve to keep the radio. ^_^

Mine won't even knock on now the on/off/volume button is completely knackered. :(

Have you tried turning the automatic volume thing off that raises and lowers the volume dependent on environment noise? I reckon that might work otherwise its a pain in the rear trying to get it out, i never understand why ford puts a keycode on this system because for someone to go to the efforts of removing it in the first place deserve to keep the radio. ^_^

didnt even know there was an auto level thingy, will look at this.

agree with your thoughts. if you want it that much, your welcome to it :P

• 3 weeks later...

i had a pm from experiax 10 and he included a video that is on youtube. the video shows a guy removing the trim to access the stereo and then removing the stereo. many thanks again :)