Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi Everyone :)

danfocuszetec

Hi everyone, thought it was about time i introduced myself ive posted acouple of times on here,

im called daniel ( dan please ) im 24 from launceston which is in cornwall,

ive just brought a focus 1.8 zetec mk1 on x plate for £600 with 12months m.o.t and 6months tax what i fought was a bargain but no its a PILE loads of thing wrong with it, heres a couple things it dont lock at all, likes revving at 2grand when it feels like it, rear wiper doesnt work theres a long list but dont want to bore you,

apart from all the bad bits the engine is good at 146,000miles i done the cambelt as soon as i brought it because it said it got done at 70,000 in the service history (full service history), and it aint as slow as i thought it was going to be, i stood and polished the engine yesterday as it was flithy looking good now :)

i did buy it for a run around but now its just going to be a little project for me now i think,

not done much to it yet only fitted hid 6000k kit which you can see in the picture and pipercross induction kit and fitted a chip thats it for the minute need to sort out the other problems.

in the future want to get the 16" alloys like the ones mine has got already and lower it about 40mm not made my mind up yet and just little stuff like tinted windows and interior etc, no big bore's going on this car i hate them i like a nice quite drive!

any tips on fixing it or good modifing d.i.y's please,

i think thats it if ive missed anythink or you want to know anythink let me know.

heres the beast lol, post-40364-0-02540800-1359721946_thumb.j

Hi welcome :)

looks ok soon get it sorted

Hi and welcome , it's a good little project to get stuck into and any questions then i'm sure someone will try and help.

Hi Dan welcome to the club from another Dan lol. Where did you get your HID Kit from? How about changing your speedo colour? as you've already said lower it, tint the windows, could get clear or smoked side repeaters? wind deflectors. Keep me posted on what you do to the car, love mod projects :)

Welcome along dan,

Get those issues sorted ASAP! Especially the intermittent revving one! Hope it's just something simple like a throttle position sensor... Rather than something that you may struggle to diagnose and spend hundreds on!

A formal welcome to the Forum Dan.

I'm not a million miles away from you in Plymouth ;)

The rear wiper may well be the common MK1 curse or a broken wire in the hatch umbillical, easily found and patched or sometimes the wiper motors pack up, still an easy job.

I replaced mine on a MK1 twice in a year, half hour job and readily available on eBay. (TBH, my problem was probably a broken wire, of which my boot lock/upper brake light and wiper wires all went. No problems after i patched the wires)

thanks everyone for a warm welcome,

DanGersFord i got my hid lights from eBay there where £31 with postage, yeah ive ordered some clear side repeaters, yeah thats a good idea changing the speedo colour didnt fink of that.

TDCiST ive had a look at the throttle position sensor and it looks ok and cleaned the throttle body so dont know what it is,

Stoney871 thats ok your close if i ever need a hand lol, yeah ive found out why the rear wiper motor aint working i had alook today and it was unplugged so i plugged it in and it went over to the otherside and stopped it wudnt go back over so ive ordered another one off eBay today.

i went to change the spark plugs today as i brought some super 4's, and went to take the old ones out and guess wot snap went my tool (ive got the proper spark plug removal tool) they were that tight so had to call on a mate to bring me up a deep socket and still had to put a bar on it they were that tight i was scared they was goin to brake off in the head but all turned out ok shows the last owner didnt look after it they were well old.

Theres the new dial kit fitted makes a difference n it only costs about £30

oh yeah just had alook looks good will defo be getting one of them.

Fairly simple to change aswel :)

yeah there not that hard just scuff your knuckles abit getting the speedo cable off cuz i changed the dials on my mates ford fiesta for white ones.

I never? Lol you just undo 2 screws and the whole cluster pulls out enough so that you can get right in to disconnect the plug from the back of the Speedo. There's a small black clip built into the plug that just lifts up to release the plug :)

Hi everyone, thought it was about time i introduced myself ive posted acouple of times on here,

im called daniel ( dan please ) im 24 from launceston which is in cornwall,

ive just brought a focus 1.8 zetec mk1 on x plate for £600 with 12months m.o.t and 6months tax what i fought was a bargain but no its a PILE loads of thing wrong with it, heres a couple things it dont lock at all, likes revving at 2grand when it feels like it, rear wiper doesnt work theres a long list but dont want to bore you,

apart from all the bad bits the engine is good at 146,000miles i done the cambelt as soon as i brought it because it said it got done at 70,000 in the service history (full service history), and it aint as slow as i thought it was going to be, i stood and polished the engine yesterday as it was flithy looking good now :)

i did buy it for a run around but now its just going to be a little project for me now i think,

not done much to it yet only fitted hid 6000k kit which you can see in the picture and pipercross induction kit and fitted a chip thats it for the minute need to sort out the other problems.

in the future want to get the 16" alloys like the ones mine has got already and lower it about 40mm not made my mind up yet and just little stuff like tinted windows and interior etc, no big bore's going on this car i hate them i like a nice quite drive!

any tips on fixing it or good modifing d.i.y's please,

i think thats it if ive missed anythink or you want to know anythink let me know.

heres the beast lol, post-40364-0-02540800-1359721946_thumb.j

If you get a moment join photobucket and upload some images of your motor, You can then edit to remove your reg plate etc. Then copy the .img code from each image uploaded and paste it on to a post in the forum or many forums for the image to display. You may also like to log on to DMB Graphics for some Gel badge overlays to fit over your existing blue ford badges or vintage ford decals: http://www.dmb.uk.co...-gel-overlays

You may also like to browse my list guides all linked below this post, most of the guides are available in PDF format to download and print aswell as viewing online,

its not that easy on the mk4 fiesta its hard to get ur hands around the back to undo the speedo cable u scuff ur hands squeezing them through in the end we cut out abit of the dash (couldnt see it when it was all together) lol made it alot easyier.

beside it it says how many replies i have had it says HOT whats that about????

its not that easy on the mk4 fiesta its hard to get ur hands around the back to undo the speedo cable u scuff ur hands squeezing them through in the end we cut out abit of the dash (couldnt see it when it was all together) lol made it alot easyier.

Ah sorry I presumed you meant the mk6 lol

i need some help i took off all the door trims today front and back and unplugged the drivers door central locking motor and tryed locking it but it did the same so i plugged it back in and unplugged the passenger side and it did it agen so plugged it back in and basically i did it to every door and it did the same all round, so which 1 is it cuz they all do the same and all make noise,

beside it it says how many replies i have had it says HOT whats that about????

A large interest in your topic gets a HOT icon,

Means lots of people are interested and posting within a short space of each other.

one problem sorted got a back wiper now went down scrappy and got one cost me £12 cuz my cousin works down there :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club