Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Titanium X Sport Build Thread!

dohboy78

Update for today. Got my new 20" Rims delivered on Friday. Fully cleaned, polished and tyre dressing applied. Popped in to John-ST3 on saturday to remove the RS alloys and spacers. Got the new wheels on no bother.

null_zps2ddac8cf.jpg

null_zpsb69c7cda.jpg

null_zps17bf5737.jpg

null_zps89e1d629.jpg

null_zps59affe6e.jpg

Got some black centre caps on route... They sent the wrong ones. Happy to note that the tyres are quiter and the ride is the same as on 19"s!

Also got my unique JM Motorsport MK4 induction kit fitted. RS K&N mated to part of a new aurbox. Sound wicked. Can really hear it sucking in the air... Plus I can now hear the waste gate dumping too!!

null_zpsd79b2176.jpg

null_zpsc80256ec.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Decat yesterday....

null_zpsc0ec14a1.jpg

null_zps10c73cd4.jpg

Time to get booked in with Collins!!

loving the look of the new wheels fella and once the black center caps are on they will look real sweet

loving the look of the new wheels fella and once the black center caps are on they will look real sweet

Yup... still waiting for them to turn up! Not happy!!

Yay or nay??

null_zps8bc1b7da.jpg

null_zpseecca138.jpg

... and if yay... Panther Black or body colour??

• Like 1

Yay or nay??

Posted Image

Posted Image

... and if yay... Panther Black or body colour??

YAY, body colour :-)

I think no and I think you should get rid of the upper grill and the lower grill............ I know someone that would take them off you hands ;-)

Joking aside I like them but I think they'd need to be panther black to match the front end and wing mirrors

I've decided I don't like them... Going to sell them on.

I think they look nice, maybe colour code them to the body and see if u like them then.

• Like 1

I would say yay and have the panther black to match the front grill and wing mirrors

About the open (no heatshield or encapsulation) underbonnet K&N/ cone filter -

The cooler the air going into the engine the more power it makes - cooler air contains more oxegen per CC or cubic inch, = more power - that is (basically) how intercoolers work

The open cone/ K&N air filter you have fitted can (and will) draw warm/ hot air from the engine bay, loosing power, in certain conditions, like when the engine is still warming up, it may be ok, in other conditions, once the underbonnet temp rises/ like once the engine has warmed up/ sitting in traffic etc - you will loose power

In extreme temps it may even cause pre-ignition / hesitation and the ECU may even back off the power, etc to protect the engine

When you have your car dynoed, the operator often opens the bonnet so that the open, underbonnet cone filter does not draw warm air, this does not reflect real-life conditions (unless you normally drive around with your bonnet wide open!) - the car should be dynoed with the bonnet closed, you will then see how much power the open filter causes, dyno installations often come with massive fans or refrigeration units (because, as above, cooler air = more power)

diesels run hotter than petrol-engined cars, the engine bay is often sealed and the underbonnet temp can "sky-rocket" the optimal underbonnet temp for a diesel is 100-130 degrees, the optimum coolant temp is 95 degrees,(some run at 88 degrees) the optimum intake temp is 6 degrees

Often open K&N filters are re- situated in the wing or in front of the radiator, cool air feeds added or heat shields, or isolated from the underbonnet heat, once they are warmed up, you could vent the bonnet but its not ideal for a diesel

A fully- encapsulated filter like a pipercross venom or BMC cda would work better than the open K&N

I would be surprised if Collins don't tell you the same/ a similar thing

About the open (no heatshield or encapsulation) underbonnet K&N/ cone filter -

The cooler the air going into the engine the more power it makes - cooler air contains more oxegen per CC or cubic inch, = more power - that is (basically) how intercoolers work

The open cone/ K&N air filter you have fitted can (and will) draw warm/ hot air from the engine bay, loosing power, in certain conditions, like when the engine is still warming up, it may be ok, in other conditions, once the underbonnet temp rises/ like once the engine has warmed up/ sitting in traffic etc - you will loose power

In extreme temps it may even cause pre-ignition / hesitation and the ECU may even back off the power, etc to protect the engine

When you have your car dynoed, the operator often opens the bonnet so that the open, underbonnet cone filter does not draw warm air, this does not reflect real-life conditions (unless you normally drive around with your bonnet wide open!) - the car should be dynoed with the bonnet closed, you will then see how much power the open filter causes, dyno installations often come with massive fans or refrigeration units (because, as above, cooler air = more power)

diesels run hotter than petrol-engined cars, the engine bay is often sealed and the underbonnet temp can "sky-rocket" the optimal underbonnet temp for a diesel is 100-130 degrees, the optimum coolant temp is 95 degrees,(some run at 88 degrees) the optimum intake temp is 6 degrees

Often open K&N filters are re- situated in the wing or in front of the radiator, cool air feeds added or heat shields, or isolated from the underbonnet heat, once they are warmed up, you could vent the bonnet but its not ideal for a diesel

A fully- encapsulated filter like a pipercross venom or BMC cda would work better than the open K&N

I would be surprised if Collins don't tell you the same/ a similar thing

Interesting.... Will have a look about... Maybe see if I can modify a CAIS system to fit?? Thanks for the info.

Had some wrapping done tonight...

Re-done lip and roof... Thanks to Mark and David. Sterling job. Very professional service and finish.

null_zps0ade43bd.jpg

null_zps99ee4cea.jpg

null_zps6ca3a83d.jpg

Was great watching these two work... Vinyl is weird stuff. Can't believe how much abuse you can give it.

Going to get my diffuser done as soon as I have some extra cash.

That roof looks so good !!!

Would you mind getting some pics of it in the day light too :-)?

Really debating if I want to get mine done... Just don't know if I have the guts to do it ?

Can I just ask if you have modded a car like this before?

If so when it came to selling it was the value in price any different ? Also because obviously some people when buying a car don't always want things like that which I guess lowers the interest a bit too which could make sales a longer process ?

That roof looks so good !!!

Would you mind getting some pics of it in the day light too :-)?

Really debating if I want to get mine done... Just don't know if I have the guts to do it ?

Can I just ask if you have modded a car like this before?

If so when it came to selling it was the value in price any different ? Also because obviously some people when buying a car don't always want things like that which I guess lowers the interest a bit too which could make sales a longer process ?

Sorry... No more pics yet.

I have modded an Focus ST before. When it came to selling I stripped it back to standard. Sold the mods then the car. No bother.

• Like 1

Got the decat on today. Went on no bother...Unfortunately the bolt holding the torque mount on sheared. Leaving the car undriveable! John is going to drill it out and fix it for me though. Cheers John!

Where you get the decat from and how much was it as I'm getting one of these car soon as I'm doing the same as you sell my 400 bhp focus st

The decat was made by a guy I found through a fellow member.

PM me and I will forward his email address.

Are you getting the 2.2?

Few more pics of the roof...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yess!

Very smart indeed :-)

Car looks amazing! I think all the details are really well thought out and work very well as a package.

What's next on the mods list?

DPF Delete and Collins Remap on the 4th December!

Then big brakes...

Remap will be the cherry on top I think to match the outside with the inside. How much gain in bhp and torque are you looking at from the remap? I am not familiar with that engine at all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club