Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modification Projects/general Modification Discussions

DanGersFord

This topic has now been moved to the New modifaction discussion/projects section of the site :) Thanks Steve. You can now post your own individual topics showing off what you have done to your car/are planning to do which you can obviously update as your car progresses :) and there is also a dedicated section for people with restoration projects/general car projects :) Please note that this is not a section to post guides in thanks

• 9 months later...

I have new alloys waiting to go on my Mk2 Focus, the existing ones are 16"x6.5J, with an offset of 52.5... The tyres are 205/55/R16

The new ones however, are 18"x8J with an offset of 40. The alloys themselves should fit, but if I were to put on 225/40/R18 tyres which I hope to do... Would they rub the suspension? Bit of a specific question but i'm hoping at least one of you can help me! Thanks!

They shouldn't rub but you do need the rack limiter kit fitted to stop the wheels hitting the arches on full lock.

Not expensive (about £16 a set) but do mean removing and refitting the cv boots.

I got the same car, just bought some wind deflectors.

I noticed you said you had colour coded wing mirrors. Can you tell me how you did that?

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

If you have matt black mirror casings you'd need to change for mirrors with removable covers then buy the primed or colour matched covers or sand and paint the backs of the non removable ones.

Cheers, I've got the forest green colour fiesta, do you think I should spray them gloss black maybe? Or keep in with the green?

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new to the forum so not sure if I'm posting in the correct place.

I have got a 58plate 5 door 1.6 titanium Ford focus.

I was wondering if I was to replace my bumpers with the St bumpers would it just be a straight swap or is it more complicated than that?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Karl.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced my 16" alloys with 18" big mistake as you will be able to read from my post, any recommendations as to what would be the best size of wheels and tyres to get for looks an performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I replaced my 16" alloys with 18" big mistake as you will be able to read from my post, any recommendations as to what would be the best size of wheels and tyres to get for looks an performance?

Looks and performance are 2 different things, often, you can have 1, or the other, but not both

• Like 1

Hi. I'm new to the forum so not sure if I'm posting in the correct place.

I have got a 58plate 5 door 1.6 titanium Ford focus.

I was wondering if I was to replace my bumpers with the St bumpers would it just be a straight swap or is it more complicated than that?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Karl.

Hi Karl,

The ST bumpers, spoiler and skirts are a straight swap on the focus, however RS rear bumper is wider its the only one isn't a direct swap, if your using a desktop click on my picture to view my profile, you will see 28 links to my various guides on the profile page including fitting the ST pod to the dash with aftermarket ford racing gauges.

• Like 1

Hi lenny.

I will get on the laptop later and look at your threads.

28? Does your car even look like a ford now? Lol.

Cheers for the help.

• Like 1

Hi lenny.

I will get on the laptop later and look at your threads.

28? Does your car even look like a ford now? Lol.

Cheers for the help.

No prob,

All ford parts used where possibly, just showing ford how they could have done it had they tried harder ;)

No prob,

All ford parts used where possibly, just showing ford how they could have done it had they tried harder ;)

I couldn't agree with you more.

I've had a look at a few of your threads and they are very interesting and very well put together.

I shall be nicking some of your ideas ;) lol.

Just to check are the zetec so bumpers the same as st bumpers?

• Like 1

I couldn't agree with you more.

I've had a look at a few of your threads and they are very interesting and very well put together.

I shall be nicking some of your ideas ;) lol.

Just to check are the zetec so bumpers the same as st bumpers?

Thanks,

ZetecS bumpers are standard bumpers with the zetecS bit stuck on them,

ST bumpers are full bumpers but fit the standard body.

ST and zetecS share the same rear spoiler and side skirts,

There are however different side skirts for 3 & 5 door models

• Like 1

The ST diffuser is a full insert on the bumper, The Zetec S one is like a skin that attaches over the smooth lower panel.

post-28494-0-35105000-1393370624_thumb.j

Zetec S type

post-28494-0-16280500-1393370654_thumb.j

ST Diffuser

• Like 2

I have a late 02/early 03 Focus Mk1.5, so far I have carbon wrapped the centre console and gear surround, fixed paintwork, fitted DRLs.

I am going to fit ST170 projector headlights and foglights, Alpine bluetooth Double Din stereo and amp, Upgraded Speakers and I'm looking for ST170 alloys to be sprayed dark grey or black!

Not much but it's what I like!

I have a 2010 Fiesta JA8 (MK7) on Ap Racing coilovers with AP shocks.

I have lowered the back fully and the drivers side however less that an 1/8 of the way down on the passenger side it got tighter and locked completely and I am unable to determine weather it's locked, cross threaded, rusted or anything?

WHAT CAN I DO??

I've tried heating it up with a blow torch, drowning it in wd40 spring compressors all it's doing is eating my c spanners!!

My Mods So Far, 3000W Subwoofer running equal amp, Ap Coilovers with Ap shocks, Borbet A's on order and having it respected metallic white!

post-44949-139441712595_thumb.jpg

post-44949-13944171467_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the dimensions/ have a recommendation for a decent but not to expensive screen CD player for the mk6 fiesta that has the 3 teir as standard? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ford focus zetec s MK 3

Recently fitted dmb gel overlays

post-50545-139771195143_thumb.jpgpost-50545-139771197959_thumb.jpgpost-50545-139771199006_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Car. 1.7 puma

Year. 1998

Mods. It's a road legal track car so Hear we go

Wi tec coil overs

Upper and lower strut braces

Upper rear strut brace

5 degree negative camber kit fitted to front wheels

300mm front brakes

254 mm rear brakes

Adjustable bias valves

30 mm rear hub spacers

Stainless steel 4 branch manifold

2 1/4 inch stainless steel exhaust system

Had 3kg taken of the flywheel

Has a bespoke inlet manifold

Remap taking it to 150bhp at the wheels

Fully stripped and lightened Shell ( the car compleat with full tank of fuel is 740kgs)

Half roll cage

Racing seats and belts

All this results in it being able to lap Bedford auto drone quicker than a Porsche boxster and the same time as a vx220

Am currently fitting a second engine in the rear so should make it more fun on the track

• Like 2

Car. 1.7 puma

Year. 1998

Mods. It's a road legal track car so Hear we go

Wi tec coil overs

Upper and lower strut braces

Upper rear strut brace

5 degree negative camber kit fitted to front wheels

300mm front brakes

254 mm rear brakes

Adjustable bias valves

30 mm rear hub spacers

Stainless steel 4 branch manifold

2 1/4 inch stainless steel exhaust system

Had 3kg taken of the flywheel

Has a bespoke inlet manifold

Remap taking it to 150bhp at the wheels

Fully stripped and lightened shell ( the car compleat with full tank of fuel is 740kgs)

Half roll cage

Racing seats and belts

All this results in it being able to lap Bedford auto drone quicker than a Porsche boxster and the same time as a vx220

Am currently fitting a second engine in the rear so should make it more fun on the track

Will the 2nd engine be identical to the 1st? Issigonis built a twin-engined mini-moke - i dont think the performance was that much more because of the extra weight and i belive they were difficult to syncronise with it only being a total of 300hp an Rs 5 pot (potentially 400-550Hp) or an EVO engine (even more power + 4wd) may be a better way to go (quicker, less hassle)

Was there any problems getting it through the MOT? eg with the adjustable brake bias?

To be honest with you I am only doing it because I have always wanted to build a twin engined car. I have had a few inprezas and as much as they are fast they don't give that grrrr factor. I like the idea of running it fwd, rwd or 4wd. I will be able to play with power balance through the ecu mapping so should work fine. As for mot,,,,,, I am a tester so no, no problems lol

But on a proper note the bias don't come into the test. It's only effort. And as it's so light the car is well over braked. The an is to have it at ford fair at silverstone and get some track time so I am praying on it working out well