Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1999 Fiesta Brake Problems

Andrew Hulbert

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone here will the no the answer to this , I just don't get it!

I have replaced both front discs and pads, both front brake hoses and both rear brake shoes in the fiesta.

It's a 1999 Fiesta 1.25 zetec

I have bled the brakes 4 times , yet the brake pedal still goes practically to the floor when test driving and the brake effieciency is rubbish!, does this indicate that I still have air in the system? or is there something im missing? Im bleeding the brakes using an eazibleed kit (the one where you connect it to a spare tyre and the pressure from the tyre pumpt the fluid through).

Car needs to be mot'd on friday and at the moment it will never pass.. Help :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone here will the no the answer to this , I just don't get it!

I have replaced both front discs and pads, both front brake hoses and both rear brake shoes in the fiesta.

It's a 1999 Fiesta 1.25 zetec

I have bled the brakes 4 times , yet the brake pedal still goes practically to the floor when test driving and the brake effieciency is rubbish!, does this indicate that I still have air in the system? or is there something im missing? Im bleeding the brakes using an eazibleed kit (the one where you connect it to a spare tyre and the pressure from the tyre pumpt the fluid through).

Car needs to be mot'd on friday and at the moment it will never pass.. Help :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Andy

sounds like you still got air in the system get someone to pump the pedal hard im getting mine done next week hope it goes ok

Check the slides on the pad holders. If there even partially seized you'll have no chance of bleeding the brakes properly

never worked on a fiesta before but had loads of experience with brakes.

sounds like it could be a problem with the rear shoes, they can be difficult to adjust.

Also i've never liked the ezibleed system, if you can get some help try it this way:

fill up reservoir, one person sits in car, second person cracks open the nipple furthest away, person in car pushes down pedal slowly, when its on the floor shut the nipple, guy in car releases pedal.

repeat this process until no air bubbles come out, then move onto the next one. I dont know the correct bleeding order or if you have single or dual systems, if you have a manual that may be able to advise on the correct order.

hope that helps