Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auxiliary Socket

Sticky45

Well had the car for just under a week and loving it. Just one thing that is a little disappointing, the stereo. Good sound but after finding out that its not bt capable, I have now found out that it won't play mp3 discs either. Loaded an ipod and connected that to the aux in socket via 3.5 to 3.5 jack lead and alls well sound wise. Trouble is this renders the skip function of the steering wheel controls useless. So the question is. Can the aux lead be converted to ipod cable. My mates Audi has a proper ipod connection in the glove box and it works with the controls and wondering if the same is possible with these units. 6000 cd curved style

The 6000 was not available with USB/Ipod connection from the factory, however, there is an aftermarket interface available through Ford, which offers USB in the glovebox with some controls (I think including skip): http://media.ford.co...ngintomusic.htm

Fantastic. Thanks for that looks like the cable should be available from a dealership, will give them a ring tomorrow. Wonder how much thats gonna be. Mind you i was looking at replacing the stereo but this looks like it will be a good compromise.

£83. Wtf. oh dear ford reality check its a little black box with some cabling to run an ipod. I thought the bloke in the parts department was related to Lee Evans with a joke like that. What's more funny is that when reading on the web about them it states "owners of older cars may not have the luxury to connect an ipod or other device". Older cars, christ this system has been fitted in Audis for over 10 years. This cabling is simply a way for Ford to catch up after failing to get it right first time. Ford need to check the prices of new all singing all dancing stereo's cos there's some out there that can be bought for not a lot more than that with capabilities of playing usb's.

Edited by Stoney871
naughty words