Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Electric Mirrors

Alec J

Hi guys,

Just purchased a Ford Focus 2.0L Titanium, upon test driving it i noticed the mirrors were out so i tried to adjust them using the electric control on the door.

When flicking the switch to left or right selecting the mirror, the mirror just goes up like the UP button is being pressed. The button didnt seem stuck but i didnt really try it as i thought maybe its resetting?

I told the dealer and there going to take it to ford when they get the service history and log book from Brsitol street ford as thats where i came from. Im hoping the dealer who i have bought it from will have it fixed but if they don't is it a common fault and is there a way to fix it?

Would i need a new switch? as to me the switch appears to be at fault? I will be checking it when i go to pick up the car on wednesday, so i'd like to be prepared as if the fault isnt fixed as requires a new part then will it come under the warranty i get with the garage otherwise i will be asking for reduced price to compensate.

Last question, what mark is my focus its a 2005 (55) plate.

Thanks

Alec

It certainly sounds like the switch is faulty,

Replacements are available from eBay.

Do you have all electric windows or just the front ones?

All electric windows-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271146857419

Front only-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=290838168311

And btw, it's commonly called a Mk2 (though this is not an official Ford classification).

Thanks for the quick reply,

Erm not sure its a 3door so im presuming only front as rear windows are solid?

At least thats put my mind at ease knowing it may only cost around £20 for a new one. I should say ford will do it for me anyway as the guy sounded decent enough and did say he would get it sorted.

Is there anything i should be looking out for on a 2.0L Petrol when i pick it up?

Thanks for the Mk2 Btw i presumed it would be similar.

If a three door then yes just two window switches on the panel with the mirror adjusters.

If the dealer is fixing them then all fine.

You have the info in case they mess you around though :D

Okay thank you,

Is there anything i should really be looking out for?

Engine was real quite and smooth, hardly any acceleration got you to 30-40 easily. No engine lights, everything else seems to function correctly.

There is a button i am unsure about, its on the drivers door.. It looks like a picture of the car with rays coming down (I presume its alarm related) ?

Interior Scan Deactivation Button ;)

So u can turn the sensors inside the car off on a hot day if you leave your windows slightly open etc.. Won't set the alarm off then..

Interior Scan Deactivation Button ;)

So u can turn the sensors inside the car off on a hot day if you leave your windows slightly open etc.. Won't set the alarm off then..

Ahh thank you, come up from a 1.2 Punto to this so theres a hell of alot more gadgets that my punto.

I mean one touch windows (GENIUS!) haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club