Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading Tyres

limbo

Guys

I have 205/40/17 on the fiesta at present, do you know if 215/40 17" would fit on the rim without any issues?

Thanks in advance

Guys

I have 205/40/17 on the fiesta at present, do you know if 215/40 17" would fit on the rim without any issues?

Thanks in advance

Yes, it will fit, but i believe it is regarded as bad practice because the tyre will be a little wide for the rim, 215s and 205s should not be fitted on the same axle

I got told no by the dealer about a year ago - issues with turning (more issues aside from boat proportioned turning circle) and issues with speedo reading.

As above, your speedo would read wrong. Why do you want to go wider? Imagine it'll make tram lining even worse.

Turning circle I can understand and would cause the edges to scrub a bit but not sure why it would interfere with te speedo the alloy size is the same,the height 40 is, so the only difference will be the width.

Turning circle I can understand and would cause the edges to scrub a bit but not sure why it would interfere with te speedo the alloy size is the same,the height 40 is, so the only difference will be the width.

Silly as it sounds I was going to fit them to the rear only, fitted 20mm Eibach spacers all round but back could do with coming out a fraction more so instead of buying another set of rear spacers 25mm, as the front tyres need replacing soon that would be the solution?

...but not sure why it would interfere with te speedo the alloy size is the same,the height 40 is, so the only difference will be the width.

I also thought that when I first read the comment, then remembered that 40 means 40% of the width, so there will be a slight difference.

How much we talking about roughly, I just changed the speedo facia so could adjust needle with correct set up

Oh we'll 0.4 at 30mph and 1mph at 70 I think I could live with that.

If it's rear only it'll be meaningless on all fronts; whereas it'd be fine to plonk them on the back and won't mess with anything as they're only trailing wheels, it'll also serve no purpose whatsoever, you could probably slap 175's on the back and notice no difference.

You're just paying out pointlessly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club