Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Problems! Help!

danfocuszetec

ford focus 1.8 zetec Xreg, right where do i start my car dont lock at all only the boot i press the fob or put the key in the door and you can hear it trying to lock but it wont and if you sit inside and lock it with the switch it unlocks straight away, ive checked fuse n door light switches, but i need some help i took off all the door trims today front and back and unplugged the drivers door central locking motor and tryed locking it but it did the same so i plugged it back in and unplugged the passenger side and it did it agen so plugged it back in and basically i did it to every door and it did the same all round, so which 1 is it cuz they all do the same and all make noise, i dont have a clue anymre. thanks in advance really strugging with this one.

Sounds like the solenoid sticking

where is that to in the door? all i can see is a white motor with a rod going up to the top handle.

yeah but surely when i disconnected the one that wasnt working the others should of worked.

Does the interior light turn off when all the doors are shut? And did I see you say in a previous post one of your handles are stiff?

yeah the light does turn off i checked that lol, yeah the drivers side outside handle its not stiff you pull it and it wont open youve got to pull it hard and quick but its got abit better now i sprayed it with wd40 i can open it 1st most of the time now bt still got to pull it hardish.

I had a similar problem with my van one the rear handles wasnt latching on properly and was stiff to open/close and I couldnt get the van to lock which was a !Removed! nightmare lol

I had a similar problem with my van one the rear handles wasnt latching on properly and was stiff to open/close and I couldnt get the van to lock which was a !Removed! nightmare lol had to keep emptying the full van untill it was sorted. I had to strip the lock fully out of the door then reasemble it after lubricating it properly

its fine to close its not stiff at all its just opening it lik the cable is streched but there aint one going from the outside door handle to the motor just a rod. i really dont know whats amatter and if it is a solenoid dont have a clue which one because the rest should of locked when i disconnect the bad one.

some1 please, its getting ennoying have to connect the battery every morning (at 8oclock) and its usally raining.

Hi do not know if this will help you, but last weekend i replace my drivers door lock. i put the steel inner door panel on and tryed the locks and it work ok, all doors locked with the window down i pulled the cable on the inner door handle to try the dead lock all ok. but when i put the other door panel on and the inner door handle, doors would not lock it locked and opened right away so i took the inner door handle off and push the cable back in by hand all doors lock & dead locks work so i and sparyed WD40 down the cable then put the handle back on and now working ok. so take off inner door handle and push the cable back by hand to see if the cable is sticking and not returning hope this helps you.