Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Are The Best Tyre's To Put On My Ford Fiesta?

John-231

Hi guys please can you tell me which are the best tyre's to put on my 1.25 Ford Fiesta 2010 plate. Thanks.

Edited by John-231

I like the uniroyal rainsport 2

Me to there awsome come rain or shine

+2 for the Uniroyal's. Put them on my old Fiesta when the Conti's went slick

Im coming in at a budget end of the scale Nexen, not sure of the exact model number but it was about £20 cheaper than Pirelli's and Michelin's for my i think ridiculous 195/50 tires on my Flame, its only a 1.4, sticks to the ribbon quite well to be fair, they seem to have quite a few fans in online reviews they just dont carry the brand power when you try to show off to your mates.

Avons did well on my Festa - although noisier on the road. Even got my through the depths of Winter 2010 :D

Not to hi-jack the thread, but with regards to changing tyres, is it worth changing all 4 at the same time?

The previous owner of mine changed them one at a time so they're all worn differently, with the front left needing a change and the rear right having 6 mm of tread left....

Not to hi-jack the thread, but with regards to changing tyres, is it worth changing all 4 at the same time?

The previous owner of mine changed them one at a time so they're all worn differently, with the front left needing a change and the rear right having 6 mm of tread left....

Change 2 at a time so that you have a matching pair on each axle.

Change 2 at a time so that you have a matching pair on each axle.

Coolio bud, thank you for that!

What the other Nathan said, mine had 2 sets fronts are firestone and the backs were bridgestones until one wore out, i would reccomend atleast matching the front set as they are load bearing taking both power and handling, i must say the firestones are pretty sticky, although thats because they are soft and i have been told that they go pretty quickly. I would just say buy the best branded tire at the lowest price.

I've put BF Goodrich g force profiler on the front of mine, simply amazing in wet and dry. Far more grip in the wet when compared to the old conti's i had before.

I can't fault the Hankook's on mine. Had Toyo Proxes T1R's on my old Matiz which I couldn't fault, though they have a sporty tread if that's an issue.

I've put BF Goodrich g force profiler on the front of mine, simply amazing in wet and dry. Far more grip in the wet when compared to the old conti's i had before.

I agree about Profilers used them on my previous Focus they are good tyres,( however earlier versions were Ok but noisy) as far as Contis I have them on my 2012 Fiesta, not so sure?... half worn out at 13000 kms, lost a lot of pressure during summer for some reason and for the first time ever I experienced aquaplaning at 50 kph

Will not be staying with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I need 2 new tyres for the rear of my car. Is there no point being as picky as I would be if I was choosing 2 new tyres for the front?

Get some 100 width wheels and tyres and do some maaaaad skids.

I say get the best you can, that way when the fronts are wearing, you can swap them round.

I need 2 new tyres for the rear of my car. Is there no point being as picky as I would be if I was choosing 2 new tyres for the front?

Yes. Sudden oversteer is harder to deal wi than under steer.

Just changed 2 tyres -195-16 45.

Were Continentals but got Hankook Ventus Prime 2.

£20 cheaper than the Ford supplied Continentals.

Much quieter and very good wet or dry.

So much to recommend .

Cheers

Martin

So much to recommend .

Cheers

Martin

Nice one thanks Martin, I'll have a look into them!

So much to recommend .

Cheers

Martin

Are the Hankooks better than Continentals? I have Hankooks on from new, and it looks like it'll be Continental next but I might swap them over.

I've tried Hankook and Kuhmo tyres and while they were quiet from new when they got to 10-12K miles they were noisy and tramlined on the motorway so I always stick to Continental they also last longer.

Hi Diesel pig, first time for me with Hankooks ,as far as I can tell the version I have got are a new updated type and after I had them fitted I checked out reviews on line and most were full of praise which I was pleased about, of course it all depends on what the reviewers had previously, what car and type of roads/driving they all did.

No evidence of tramlining as yet but only rotated 900 mls on them.

I hope I get more than 12K out of them,only time will tell if not back to drawing board.

Cheers

Martin.