Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

yeah i guess..

just got to decide between a ZS or ST now lol

how you getting on with yours b1g_dav3?

I have a diesel, it's running nicely and fetching me 60mpg average, I'm hitting high 60's and the occasional 71, but then when I give it a blast it pulls it down a bit. Much nicer car to drive than the prefacelift. All I'm doing with mine is the panel filter I already had, and my headlight upgrades where I just have fogs left to do.

I ordered an ST2 yesterday as my trackday car replacement, so no need to modify my ZS, as I plan on just doing speed limits with that one :P

200bhp from the engine runs fine, so I don't see why 140bhp won't. I mean if 20bhp is available just from a remap, it should be easy enough.

The 1.0 isn't tuned from factory, despite it being in 2 guises, it's tuned down to 100PS, and even the 125PS will be tuned down to a good extent, hence why a remap can pull them to 140bhp without a problem I'd imagine. Then consider what can be done to a turbo car, replacement induction system (the box like the Mountune kit), exhaust from the turbo, the turbo manifold, injectors, cams, hybrid turbo; I don't really see 200bhp being stupidly difficult to achieve. 180 should be an easy safe limit in my eyes.

I totally agree with what you say as did read somewhere that ford are going to extract 170/180bhp from the standard 3 cylinder 1.0 ecoBoost engines in time and do away with the 1.6 :)

When they designed them i don't think 1.6 EcoBoost was a longterm plan an think they they were always going to do bigger things with the smaller 1.0 engine as a way forward with CO emissions etc !

Give it a year or so an the 1.0 ecoBoost will be putting out 180bhp an be in the St :)

In what way is a nice drive than the pre facelift one b1g_dav3?

an ST for a track day car :blink: someones got to much money ;)

Traded in my previous track day car and a Mini to get it :P

It's more comfortable to be in generally, the seats are nicer and the steering wheel is thicker and all leather which feels nice in the hand. Bumps are much less obvious due to better tyres, and the car is much smoother.

Got a bit of a review here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43011-picture-thread-frozen-white-zetec-s-2013/

oh fair enough aha

Yeah just had a read of it,b1g_dav3 i didnt realise the seats were different to the mk7 zs?

Traded in my previous track day car and a Mini to get it :P

It's more comfortable to be in generally, the seats are nicer and the steering wheel is thicker and all leather which feels nice in the hand. Bumps are much less obvious due to better tyres, and the car is much smoother.

Got a bit of a review here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43011-picture-thread-frozen-white-zetec-s-2013/

Hi Joe, where did you get the red footwell light bulbs from. Thanks Gary

Right in the next few months im possibly going to swap my mk7 ZS in for the new ZS or ST, I heard good reports on both and just wondering how people find the new ZS? is it better than the mk7?

When I picked up my Zetec s from the dealer one weds, he was telling me about how they are tuning the 1.0 Eco to 180bhp for the new Mondeo?

When I picked up my Zetec s from the dealer one weds, he was telling me about how they are tuning the 1.0 Eco to 180bhp for the new Mondeo?

Yes that is true as i read it in a mag lastyear , think they might do away with the 1.6 in time as the 1.0 is the future being cheap to run also emmisions an insure Etc .

1.0's the new 2.0 ;)

• Like 1

As much as I think the ecoboost is a great engine, surely it is only sat happy in a Fiesta or Focus at a push.

Can a 1L, no matter how much turbo boost it has got, really be up to the job of pulling a Mondeo?

I would of thought the spritely 1L would just get bogged down by the size of a saloon.

1.0's the new 2.0 ;)[/quoteI

It could just be yes Joe , as wen the 1.6 ecoBoost came out in the focus it was assigned to the titanium an rated at 150ps and then ford increased that to 180ps but was only avaliable in the zetec s and titanium X as the others you can only configure the 150ps one but to cap it all ford developed the 1.0 an most got for this as the power is the same as an old 1.6 or 1.8 .

Clever marketing i think and they could have followed in motorcycle technology as bikes put out 200ps an most of them are only a 1000cc :)

Displacement is nothing to go off, BHP is BHP, and torque is torque. Sure it limit's how much, but if a 1.6 produces 120bhp, and a 1.0 produces 120bhp, it'll still be doing 120bhp. Sure it'll do it differently, in this case it does better, but it still does the figures.

• Like 1

Displacement is nothing to go off, BHP is BHP, and torque is torque. Sure it limit's how much, but if a 1.6 produces 120bhp, and a 1.0 produces 120bhp, it'll still be doing 120bhp. Sure it'll do it differently, in this case it does better, but it still does the figures.

It would be pull away which would concern me. The turbo relies on exhaust pressure, so you don't get the same power delivery from stand still which you do if it is NA. (Or at least more torque from the engine naturally).

The thing is, you probably have to change you driving habits and rev the car harder, in which case are you still getting the MPG benefit?

I agree as think driving styles have changed with high fuel costs etc as there are more smaller cars on the road nowadays plus i think most people drive a lot slower as notice this even if i am doing over 70/80 as too how many i overtake on dual carriageways .

Bikes have always had small displacement engines and they rev high as a 600cc Honda i once owned put out 115bhp and rev to nearly 16,000 , also see it read 166mph on a race track that is ; )

b1g_dav3 whats the pull away for standing like on the new ZS?

b1g_dav3 whats the pull away for standing like on the new ZS?

I imagine it is great on a Fiesta from everything I have read - a Mondeo though?

yeah i guess, mondeo with a wife,kids in the back and a boot full of stuff might be a different story aha

I imagine it is great on a Fiesta from everything I have read - a Mondeo though?

The Pull of from stand still is pretty impressive.

It's fantastic on the diesel that's all I know :-P

Hi, the ecoboosts do not have to revved hard, firstly the torque comes in at about 1.5k, much lower rpm than the engines it is replacing and more of it as well. Plus the turbos are low inertia and have variable geometry, meaning they spool up quicker, and ultra high speed, thus they can produce more boost than conventional ones at lower speeds without any lag. If it is the same as mine then it'll be a Borg Warner KP39 as used in many VAG vehicles and also has water cooled bearings.The ecoboosts can be driven quite lazily, much like a diesel, and that could be a change in driving habit that some might need to get used to.

Still can't believe nobody has ordered the ZS in Moondust Silver

Can't even find one on somewhere like Autotrader

Just doesn't look great really, seen quite a few.

I guess the Reds etc look more sporty but I have always like the ZS in Silver but want to see the facelift version

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club