Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

Now you guys have owned the Zetec a while, how's the mpg?

Still tempted to get one, I'd like the 123bhp one :)

I'm getting around 40 mpg on my mainly rural 24 mile commute to work & back.

Oh, that's not that good then. I get 50+mpg from my 1.5 Yaris T-sport.

Hi

I am currently getting 47 - 48 mpg around town and 55 mpg on decent runs.

The car is a zetec S 1.0 125 petrol with 3.500 miles on clock, hope that helps.

Hello everyone, this is my first post asking for advice but this seems like the place to do it. Looks like a great forum with helpful users.

After rocking my 1.25l Fiesta Zetec since I passed my test 3 years ago I am now in the position financially to upgrade. I really want a Zetec S. Well ideally I'd like an ST but do need to save money for other things, maybe in a few years!

My main question is; how long is it taking for cars to arrive? I have read the entire thread and see various times for delivery from a week to a few months. My insurance runs out on my current car beginning of October so it's probably best I go to a dealership next week and see what is what.

I'd also like opinions on what extras to get? I 100% want to have 17" alloys, privacy glass, DAB radio. What about EATC and the city pack? And they worth the cost? Things like automatic wipers I figure I can do myself when it rains and not worried about keyless entry. Opinions are welcome though.

Finally, I plan to go on finance with the options plan. I have my car to trade and savings so will probably pay the max deposit. How much were you able to get off the list price of the vehicle?

Thank you for all your help, can't wait to join the Fiesta S club, just wish they still put the badge on the car :-(.

Welcome,

What color are you looking at? I think you will be well happy with this nippy fiesta. Its so fun to drive. I just came back from spain 12 hours trip and i had loads of fun avoiding the cameras. I'm really impressed by how much the car still pulls when in 5th gear. My old fiesta (1.4tdci) didnt move lol. Anyways just to say am very pleased with it =).

I Had 4K off the price + extras without trading in a car. Oh i am in France so might differ. (I asked for a ST and it was 23K without extras, i heard in England you can get them less than 18K)

Extras are a personnal preference

but for extras that i got:

- Privacy glass: Car looks ten times better

- 17" alloys: Same, car looks better but remember that tyres will cost more.

- Sony 8 speaker radio pack with color screen: (Don't know if this is available in UK since i didn't find it on UK ford) The screen is really nice, just like a TV and not the orange lettering like the old MK7

- Winter pack: (might not be called the same in the UK) Heated screen and heated front seats. I took this cause first of all where i live it snows alot and its always cold lol so the screen was why i had this pack installed. Then the seats well thats just gadjet =). But both work really well especially the seats. (Don't need to have the leather seats for this as like me i got the normal black and red ones since those were what i wanted)

- Spare wheel: Or you get a spare wheel, or you keep the repair kit in the trunk thats already in the car. But i think that a spare is better. (its a real one not a saver) You wont repair a 2cm wide hole with a repair kit. So i think its better to have the spare.

- cruise control: Is a must if you drive alot, especially on motorways. I have a 120km commute to work everyday and with cruise control i average around 650km on a full tank whislt using cruise control. It helps alot. This is why i chose this option cause i new that doing so much mileage with a petrol car is not sensible but i have to say that i have the same MPG as my old 1.4tdci MK6 fiesta =)

hope this helps,

as for the S badge you can add it yourself =)

Ive added a s badge on the front grill cost me like less than 15 quid on eBay , definatley go for the 17s and privacy glass looks a lot better with them. As for the extra Speakers, I think the standard system with 6 Speakers is pretty good to be fair. And racing red for the colour :)

I think I'm going for black. My Fiesta now is black and I just like black cars, but I'll take a look at the colours at the dealership as you never know until you see them in person.

I believe heated front windscreens are standard now. I want my days of scrapping ice off my car to be over.

I think it's only six speaker over here in regards to the Sony sound system. I think DAB is for me but not the satnav option, it's an extra £500 and for when I actually need a satnav my £100 tomtom does the job.

Are heated/electric foldable wing mirrors worth the cost and puddle lamps? I think maybe I am struggling with the concept as it's summer but give it a few months I'll want them on my car! I have a short commute so having a car I can get ready to drive with minimal effort is a must. Last winter it sometimes took me longer for me to get it in a position I can drive it with good visibility than it did the actual drive to work :-|

Read lots of reviews about the car needing 6 speed and that the long gears don't help it pull but doubt I'll notice going from a 74hp 8 year old Fiesta ^_^ . Will be nice to have something which can accelerate up hills.

yeah accelerate up hills it will =). I come from a 68bhp mk6 tdci so its hugely fun and pulls very nicely you will be surprised from it only being a 1.0 L =).

don't know if its standard for the screen. Would be nice if it would but i know that here in france it isnt

The city pack isnt needed...far too expensive for what it is, unless you cant park lol! The 17inch alloys are a must! As for EATC...personally I would rather turn the dial and set it too the tempreture I want :) the DAB Radio System comes as standard in the zetec s at the moment, Privacy Glass is personal... It would be alot cheaper too get the windows tinted at an independent seller

I went for the Zetec S in Race Red with 17inch alloys, DAB as standard, and getting the rear windows tinted :) I have waited currently 10 weeks and got told the expected delivery dat is going too be 17th august...which works out exactly 12 weeks... The salesman did say however it could come before that date, when I bought the car he said 8-12 weeks for it too arrive as it was a factory order,

I hope this helps answer some of theese questions lol

No that's a great help.

I just sent in my request for a test drive so I can go and get some numbers crunched.

Still no one has said how much they actually got the vehicle for, or financed the vehicle for? How much room for haggling did you guys have if buying on finance?

Cheers :-)

I paid 13k for mine on ford OPTIONS it was originally 15k but im a ford mechanic/employee soo I got a ford discount and then a further discount from my branch...works out at £242 a month for 3years as I opted for a higher milage plan of 12000k a year, if you go for a lower milage it will be less, bear in mind though my interest rate is about 3-5% as Im an employee

No that's a great help.

I just sent in my request for a test drive so I can go and get some numbers crunched.

Still no one has said how much they actually got the vehicle for, or financed the vehicle for? How much room for haggling did you guys have if buying on finance?

Cheers :-)

I've got a Zetec S on order, metalic paint, spare wheel, EATC, Auto Wipers/headlights, DAB sync, £13806 via a broker Carfile.net. Mostly financed with a loan from my bank, so the for real price I need to add on just over £800 for cost of credit. Was ordered on 10th July so am not expecting it until end of Sept, also the factory is probably shut down now for its summer break.

As for EATC...personally I would rather turn the dial and set it too the tempreture I want

I thought that was the whole point of EATC - set the temp and forget - unless that's what you meant :-)

I paid 13k for mine on ford OPTIONS it was originally 15k but im a ford mechanic/employee soo I got a ford discount and then a further discount from my branch...works out at £242 a month for 3years as I opted for a higher milage plan of 12000k a year, if you go for a lower milage it will be less, bear in mind though my interest rate is about 3-5% as Im an employee

I'm not a ford employe, so I got £1800 for my P/X & £200 a month for 3 years. But I opted for only 6k. You doing 12000000 miles a year probably bumps up your payments a bit :)

• Like 1

Cheers guys.

I've going to my dealership Saturday and have booked a test drive.

I'll see what I can get for my car, what I can get off the price, or what extras I can get thrown in.

Yeah mate the milage bumps up the cost monthly...plus my deposit is only £100 lol!

What I meant with the tempreture thing is I would rather have the knob that you turn left too right for temperature rather than a digital setting....just my personal preferance

Thanks for all the help guys, ordered mine now. I paid the deposit I wanted for payments a bit lower than I wanted so happy.

Gone with:

Panther Black

17" alloys

Privacy glass

City Pack

DAB Radio

I test drove a Titanium with the 125PS Ecoboost engine, I LOVE the engine. It's so much faster than my car currently. I love the tiny bit of turbo lag. It's the right amount that it's not annoying and just awesome. Really sounds great as it gains speed.

Just got to wait for news on it's delivery now.

Hi all

No news on my new Fiesta so looks like still on for the first two weeks in September.

Not seen many black Zetec's on the road. Saw one a few weeks before I ordered my one and thought 'I like the look of that' :)

I'd like to get an 'S' badge for the front grille but not sure how it would fix. Sticky backing might not last long. Might order one and wait and see.

Gary

I'd like to get an 'S' badge for the front grille but not sure how it would fix. Sticky backing might not last long. Might order one and wait and see.

Gonna fall off, 100% tested :-) Ordered "S" badge with a mounting screw on the back. Didn`t found one on the internet, asked seller on our local eBay-smth auction page, and he said he could get one for me.

Gonna fall off, 100% tested :-) Ordered "S" badge with a mounting screw on the back. Didn`t found one on the internet, asked seller on our local eBay-smth auction page, and he said he could get one for me.

I've had mine on 3 months and its not come off, its perfect providing you don't buy a cheap one with !Removed! glue.

Hi all

No news on my new Fiesta so looks like still on for the first two weeks in September.

Not seen many black Zetec's on the road. Saw one a few weeks before I ordered my one and thought 'I like the look of that' :)

Gary

Sticky backing works fine, you just need to carefully file off a bit off the honey comb so it fits on nice and flat.

i doubt you will be able to get on the other side of the grill to screw. Assuming you have to get your hand behind there. Well you could by tearing out the grill actually. Cause i tried from the bay and did not have access.

Does anyone know anywhere that have released a cat back exhaust for these? I really want to get one but having a hard time finding one

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club