Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

Hi

Can someone do me a favour and measure the distance from the back of the front seats to the rear of the boot, with the rear seats down. I need to know if i can fit my MTB in the boot, otherwise I may have to get a towbar fitted. :( Thanks.

Gutted :( why ford don't offer this option is beyond me.

To make you buy a Titanium :p they've added the option to the ST2 now so who knows!

Papuma. Been to forest with my mtb today. Just fits with front wheel off!

Cheers Stewart. I thought it might, as it fits in fine in my 02 Focus. Just want to make sure before I order a Rhino cover.

its close mate and had to line the car with blankets to stop the seats getting messed up, being new and all! part ex'd 3 series for a new fiesta and love it! couldn't get my bike in the bmw!

To make you buy a Titanium :P they've added the option to the ST2 now so who knows!

Annoyed! :angry:

Hi people, what are your best suggestions on coating the car with for over the winter?

Any winter wax or anything out there to coat with?

Thanks, Nathan

Couple of coats if collonite # 845 should give you 6-9 months protection!

Was told last week that my delivery date has been put back by two - three weeks. So I took the oppurtunity to add the 17" wheels and DAB radio to cheer me up :) .

Only just noticed the DRL lights on the Zetec S, I think they are horrid. What options do I have to change them, perhaps putting LED's in instead? i'd love the titanium DRL's but I'm clueless with cars!

There's no way of changing the facelift zetec s drl's at the moment. No upgrade H15 available unfortunately.

Only just noticed the DRL lights on the Zetec S, I think they are horrid. What options do I have to change them, perhaps putting LED's in instead? i'd love the titanium DRL's but I'm clueless with cars!

Is this what your talking about? Zetec S fiestas have them in France, germany, belgium etc...920C0FCC-CE89-43C6-A96A-0945E3892042-434

Im looking at Zetec S or Titanium X 1.0 123bhp with some options thus bringing the cost close to ST.

What sort of MPG should I be expecting driving sensible and hammering the 1.0 ecoboost 123bhp?

According to the below links the average is 46.6

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ford/fiesta-2008/10-ecoboost-125ps

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ford/fiesta-2008

Im looking at Zetec S or Titanium X 1.0 123bhp with some options thus bringing the cost close to ST.

What sort of MPG should I be expecting driving sensible and hammering the 1.0 ecoboost 123bhp?

When I was first driving my car I was getting 48mph, that was sensible driving with a very light throttle.

Realistically now I've been getting 40-42mpg with the odd few bursts of speed.

Is this what your talking about? Zetec S fiestas have them in France, germany, belgium etc...920C0FCC-CE89-43C6-A96A-0945E3892042-434

Yeah thats what I mean. At the moment mine is just a single dim bulb and it looks awful.. I wanted the strip like you've got but on certain cars its a bright white rather than dull yellow?

When I was first driving my car I was getting 48mph, that was sensible driving with a very light throttle.

Realistically now I've been getting 40-42mpg with the odd few bursts of speed

Thanks for the response.

I know to expect less than the stats suggest but in the real world surely 55-60 as an average.

40s is poor for a new eco car especially at the price it costs to purchase .

Im just weighing up value for money - tax free is not an incentive as effectively your paying upfront tax (cost of the car itself) to have that privilege.

Be interesting to know what mpg mark2 ST owners are getting driving sensibly and hammering?

I was starting to think they didn't deliver the DRL's in the UK....Everytime someone posts a picture of their car it's without the DRL. I have them on mine and I just love them. I was alway like...."When I buy a new car I MUST HAVE DRL " :P :D

Hey guys, newbie here (but been lurking for a while!).

I ordered a Zetec S in white, city pack and DAB radio back in late august. I was told 12 weeks or so and recently confirmed it's on course for first week of November! With that being a only few weeks away now when should I expect to find out delivery date and reg?

Cheers!

Hi

I also ordered mine in late August. Latest news is that its being built first week of Nov , expected delivery to dealer is Nov 30. So if i get it two - three days later it will have taken 15 weeks.

Hi guys,

I've had my zetec s since April now. Really loving it so far. Only getting about 40.7mpg though. It's a lot lower than I was sold on to the honest. Not going to complain too much though, still love the car.

Can anyone tell me if there are plans for a mountune kit for Ecoboost zetec s? I would jump on it if there was a kit available.

I've got a Zetec S, had it around 2 monhts, and have done 1800 miles.

When I first picked it up I got around 47mpg with mixed driving. 50/50 town & motorway.

Now that I'm using it to go to work, which is 90% motorway at 75mph with a bit of stop/start due to traffic conditions, I'm getting 51mpg per trip computer. (I still open it up for overtakes/slip roads)

I did 460 miles on a full tank then it took 41 litres (9 gallons) to fill it so about bang on 51mpg real world as well.

I fully expect that 55+ would be achievable with less traffic/70mph.

• Like 1

I've got a Zetec S, had it around 2 monhts, and have done 1800 miles.

When I first picked it up I got around 47mpg with mixed driving. 50/50 town & motorway.

Now that I'm using it to go to work, which is 90% motorway at 75mph with a bit of stop/start due to traffic conditions, I'm getting 51mpg per trip computer. (I still open it up for overtakes/slip roads)

I did 460 miles on a full tank then it took 41 litres (9 gallons) to fill it so about bang on 51mpg real world as well.

I fully expect that 55+ would be achievable with less traffic/70mph.

Thanks for the response. I have read good feedback on the ZS and my only concern was durability of the engine and mpg but begining to realise I'm looking into it too much!

Well I have done something I'm not used to which is 'impluse buying' (well not used to when it comes to large sum of cash that is)!

I have secured a 5 month old Zetec S 1.0 125 with Leather styling pack, Privacy glass and City Pack for 13k .

I'm well pleased :-)

Thanks for the response. I have read good feedback on the ZS and my only concern was durability of the engine and mpg but begining to realise I'm looking into it too much!

Well I have done something I'm not used to which is 'impluse buying' (well not used to when it comes to large sum of cash that is)!

I have secured a 5 month old Zetec S 1.0 125 with Leather styling pack, Privacy glass and City Pack for 13k .

I'm well pleased :-)

You've made a great impulse purchase there then, excellent value!

When do you pick it up? I bet your excited.

You've made a great impulse purchase there then, excellent value!

When do you pick it up? I bet your excited.

Next Saturday which is going to be a very exciting day for me.

Only ever owned small city cars; Micra and currently Ka as i have thrown my money at the mortgage. So I think I owe myself a treat.

Bigger sized cars on the road has lead to my concern for safety in the Ka as well - they call the ka, 500, Twingo etc city cars yet driving around city all I see is nice big Focus, A4, Q4 etc.

Hey guys, newbie here (but been lurking for a while!).

I ordered a Zetec S in white, city pack and DAB radio back in late august. I was told 12 weeks or so and recently confirmed it's on course for first week of November! With that being a only few weeks away now when should I expect to find out delivery date and reg?

Cheers!

Mine was ordered on 10th July, built on 27th August. Was expected around 24th Sept but there was a delay at the docks as apparently the Ford Sync emergency assistance wasn't working properly. Came into the dealer on 16th Oct - due to be delivered to me on 24th Oct.