Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

I launch off fast on 2k revs. 4k

Launch will spin the wheels like mad am you will have a poor launch I'm sure it's a safety feature so when your not

Moving it doesn't rev up the 3 cylinder without popping it without motion.

I'm sure it's to prevent putting strain on all the running gear.

It's a feature on most new fords to prevent clutch damage at high revs. I remember my Mk 2.5 ST did it in first and Second.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forums after ordering mine just before Christmas and should be getting it in March. Ordered it in deep impact blue, but I am still unsure if I should add the 17" alloys to it.

I have the 17's on mine and my daughter hasn't. IMO the wheels make the car, have them, and ask for a sore wheel kit too instead of the can of puncture goo!

I also have 17 inch. Just not from ford. Don't have any problems with them.

i would highly recommend the 17s that ford have compared to the 16s, for me the 16s look plastic and the 17s stand out alot more, but it is personal preference

Finally, after a 143 days (20 weeks) I am picking up my car tomorrow. :)

Enjoy and put up some pictures. The wait will be worth it!

20 WEEKS???!!!

Finally, after a 143 days (20 weeks)  I am picking up my car tomorrow.  :)

Get my ST on Saturday after a similar wait. Hope you enjoy as much as I am going to do

The car is better than i thought it would be, loving it.

How many miles can you get out of one tank on mostly motorway driving. Got to go to cambridge tomorrow, wondering if it will get there and back on one tank, its about 340 miles. 1.0 ecoboost.

Cheers

I'd agree with Willy, I work on approx 337 miles to a tank in my personal experience but it really does depend on your driving style, traffic and weather conditions TBH. Don't worry about it, enjoy the drive ! I do t even out my radio on now cos I prefer the sound if the engine!!

with motorway driving all the way on a full tank i could get about 380

Driving sensibly (65-70mph) & mainly motorway I get consistently around 430 miles, so you should be fine!

Thanks all. Yeah its no problem, I can easily stop and fill up. Just nice to know, I will be enjoying myself so much i wont notice its run out till i come to a standstill on the M3. :)

I know what you mean about turning the radio off, the engine sounds amazing.

Glad you like it, well worth the wait. I have had 23 cars in over 24 years of driving, this could be the best one yet!

Glad you like it, well worth the wait. I have had 23 cars in over 24 years of driving, this could be the best one yet!

"23 cars" Tony you need to get some therapy mate!

• Like 1

I saw a Nautical Blue yesterday in Zetec S guise which looked really smart but I think Ford have discontinued it now

Thanks for the information about the alloys everyone, changed them yesterday to 17". The dealer said the build date for my car is around the 27th January so I should get it at the beginning of March, can't wait to get it now :)

I know this is in the Zetes S thead, but I finally placed an order for a the Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost 125 ps version.

I live in Denmark, so the prices are way higher than yours, but I still got a great deal.

It will come with the Ford Sync/Bluetooth package, heated windscreen, parking sensors, mirrors that fold automatically and an upgrade to 16" alloys (standard are ugly 15"). Ordered it in deep impact blue.

I can't wait to get it. It will be a while, though!

I'm looking forward to seeing yours as well, Liam. The deep impact blue color is stunning :)

Might consider the 17" alloys too..

• Like 1