Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

Looks lovely in Deep Impact Blue

The only thing stopping me from ordering it in that colour is the fact my current car is almost the same colour & I want something different

I'm 18 be 19 when I get the car, just passed my test and I have been quoted 175 a month but she said it might go up a bit when I get the registration

im 20 and have no no claims bonus and i paid 800 upfront, rather than paying an extra 200 all round if paid monthly!

ZetecS insured fully comp. 6yrs ncb, one claim and two named drivers, one 51, other 52. £179.00.

Getting on in life has some advantages! ^_^

On the Wife's policy. 9years ncb. £140 fully comp. Half the price of the 1.5 Swift it replaced. :D

Mordey who you with? and what area do you live in? I'm 51 with no claims or convictions in over 30 years and they want £380 fully comp from me on a brand new zetec s, I was only paying £410 on my MPS

cheers

ZetecS insured fully comp. 6yrs ncb, one claim and two named drivers, one 51, other 52. £179.00.

Getting on in life has some advantages! ^_^

£137 a year, getting on in life does have advantages, although I would rather be like these 19 and 20 years olds and driving my car. What happened to driving heaps for a few years after passing your test like we did in my day ;) . Only joking, good luck if you can afford it.

What bugs me most about this ecoboost engine is the knocking noise. After 95% of my journeys it does it whether in gear at the lights or stationary and in neutral.

Subtle vibration felt through the brake pedal too. This is NOT just being pedantic over a slightly noisy engine, this is a distinct knocking noise.

Been back to dealer twice and they heard the noise but they might as well have laughed in my face! It is perfectly normal and happens in all ecoboost cars and you can try one of ours to prove our point. It is simply a noisy fuel pump as these small engines have to work very hard.

I did explain that it stops when you open the bonnet and close it again but that is not significant apparently.

The only other issue is that about half a dozen times in the year I have had this car, the bonnet has flicked open onto the catch. Nothing wrong with it at all says the dealer.

That's because it never does it when the dealer has it. :(

What bugs me most about this ecoboost engine is the knocking noise. After 95% of my journeys it does it whether in gear at the lights or stationary and in neutral.

Subtle vibration felt through the brake pedal too. This is NOT just being pedantic over a slightly noisy engine, this is a distinct knocking noise.

Been back to dealer twice and they heard the noise but they might as well have laughed in my face! It is perfectly normal and happens in all ecoboost cars and you can try one of ours to prove our point. It is simply a noisy fuel pump as these small engines have to work very hard.

I did explain that it stops when you open the bonnet and close it again but that is not significant apparently.

The only other issue is that about half a dozen times in the year I have had this car, the bonnet has flicked open onto the catch. Nothing wrong with it at all says the dealer.

That's because it never does it when the dealer has it. :(

I cant say I've noticed any knocking noise in mine at all or any vibration through the pedal. And surely if the fuel pump has to work hard this would mean its dumping alot of fuel into the engine, so how come its so economical then. Can someone more intelligent than me explain this.

Have you taken it to another dealer to be looked at, bonnet opening should not happen either.

The dealer accepts that the bonnet shouldn't open but they say all they can do is investigate it and when they have done so, everything is fine. They greased the catch, checked the various settings of the spring etc, opened and closed it.

Will try another dealer to see what they think to the noise.

Mordey who you with? and what area do you live in? I'm 51 with no claims or convictions in over 30 years and they want £380 fully comp from me on a brand new zetec s, I was only paying £410 on my MPS

cheers

Privilege. Used compare the Meercat. GU46 Area

My car is making the same noise when on warm up the it goes off when it's up to temperature

Hi If you look at the new price list on Ford web site you can spec:Cruise on Zetec S about £150 March 4th on plus Dress Up on Titainum X At last Ford !!!!!!!

Hi just got my ecoboost 125ps and only got 35 mpg round town was a short trip to be far what ate others getting mpg?

Thanks ;)

Hi just got my ecoboost 125ps and only got 35 mpg round town was a short trip to be far what ate others getting mpg?

Thanks ;)

getting 39 around town at moment

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Privilege. Used compare the Meercat. GU46 Area

Can anyone tell me if this is a good insurance quote from direct line I'm 17 and have ordered the new titanium 100hp ecoboost with 17" wheels and body kit and I have been quoted £2850 with engine chipping and exhaust M41 area with ovs no claims and just me insured (no blackbox)

HI have test driven two both 125 ps both had 17" the ZS was run by a salesman at TCH was doing 49 mpg think he said he reset it at fill ups.The Titanium X had 17" 125 ps had 3500 on it Demo TCH not reset 41 mpg lots of short tests (3/5 miles).

Can anyone tell me if this is a good insurance quote from direct line I'm 17 and have ordered the new titanium 100hp ecoboost with 17" wheels and body kit and I have been quoted £2850 with engine chipping and exhaust M41 area with ovs no claims and just me insured (no blackbox)

I'm over 40 so to me that is just as stuipid amount of money :o . But i guess if you can afford to but a brand new car at 17, let alone a modified one, you will be able to afford to insure it also. Best bet is to sit down one evening and get quotes from a few companies to see how they compare.

Dont young drivers buy older cars anymore and build up a decent amount of no claims before buying new cars. ;)

Thanks ;)

Mine is just coming up to 1000 miles and i drive around town, I'm getting around 37-38 mpg. Very happy with that, my wife's 2.0 Focus gets around 20 - 23. mpg.

Unless it's change recently Direct Line never used to insure a modified car to anyone under 25.

I'm over 40 so to me that is just as stuipid amount of money :o . But i guess if you can afford to but a brand new car at 17, let alone a modified one, you will be able to afford to insure it also. Best bet is to sit down one evening and get quotes from a few companies to see how they compare.

Dont young drivers buy older cars anymore and build up a decent amount of no claims before buying new cars. ;)

No - first car 10 year old Citroen Saxo (insurance group 8 I think) 2nd and current car brand new Skoda Citigo ( insurance group 2, now a year and a half years old) 3rd car (on order) Fiesta 1.0T Tit X 3dr (insurance group 11)

The fiesta will be £5 a month more up until September, when I can renew as I pay monthly so they would penalise me if I pull out now.

paying around £500 atm fully comp and last year I claimed as my mum had my car and some idiot went into her, luckily it was only minor cut in the bumper

So it ain't all that bad :)

Oh and im 20, 21 in a few weeks!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app